Police Blotter: Feb. 24 – Mar. 1

This report covers a selection of incidents from Feb. 24 to Mar. 1 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Tuesday, Feb 24.

• An individual was asked to leave Tresidder Memorial Union at 1:10 p.m. after stating that the individual had permission from the University to perform a stunt for “Tree Week”.
  • An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from a Clark Center bike rack sometime between 9:30 a.m and 5:30 p.m.

Wednesday, Feb 25.

• An unknown suspect or suspects threw eggs at the Zambrano Hall stage and broke decorative wood, costing approximately $200 dollars in damage sometime between 9:15 p.m. Tuesday and 10:50 a.m. Wednesday.
  • A victim’s reportedly unlocked bike was stolen from a Lathrop Library bike rack sometime between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
  • An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from a Hewlett Teaching Center bike rack sometime between 12:50 p.m. and 2:05 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects pried open the window of a victim’s vehicle in Parking Structure 5 and stole the car stereo and a pair of prescription glasses sometime between 9:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole a stereo from a victim’s locked vehicle in Parking Structure 5 sometime between 12:50 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects entered a victim’s vehicle at the Field Conservation Facility and stole the car stereo sometime between 7:00 a.m. and 10:30 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 26

• An unknown suspect or suspects forced entry through an Enchanted Broccoli Forest window sometime between 2:00 a.m. and 2:50 a.m. Nothing was stolen from the residence.

Friday, Feb. 27

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s wallet after it had fallen out of his pocket while changing at the Stanford Golf Driving Range sometime between 11:00 a.m. and 12:30 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 28

• An individual’s reportedly U-Locked bike was stolen from the Rinconada House bike racks sometime between 3:00 p.m. Friday and 3:00 p.m. Saturday.
  • A juvenile ran away from home after making threatening statements, and was located five hours later. The incident occurred sometime between 12:50 p.m. and 6:10 p.m.

Sunday, Mar. 1

• An individual was hit in the head at 2:45 a.m. by an unknown suspect at Kappa Sigma House. The individual declined medical attention.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at 4:00 a.m. near Escondido Village.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects smashed the window of a victim’s vehicle and stole a bag containing an iPhone, iPad, and wallet near the Nixon Elementary School sometime between 4:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects smashed the window of a victim’s vehicle and stole a purse containing credit cards and currency near the Nixon Elementary School at 5:45 p.m. The suspect or suspects tried to use the cards in San Jose, CA.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, no alcohol transports were reported for the six-day period between Feb. 24 and Mar. 1.

Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Premutico ’18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. A freshman from Brooklyn, New York, Sam has a wide range of academic interests, including biology and philosophy. When not in class or writing for The Daily, Sam enjoys solving crossword puzzles and playing for the Stanford Men’s Squash team. To contact Sam, email him at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.