Police Blotter: Sept. 19 – Oct. 1

This report covers a selection of incidents reported between Sept. 19 and Oct. 1 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Tuesday, Sept. 23

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole an unattended laptop from in front of the bike shop at Tresidder Union between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail between Sept. 22 and Sept. 23 at the Stanford Bookstore for using electronic peeping devices.

Wednesday, Sept. 24

• A cable-locked bike was stolen from near Hacienda Commons in the Rains Complex between 7:15 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.
  • Between Sept. 23 and Sept. 24, a reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from outside Building 9 in the Rains Complex.
  • A cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack adjacent to Building 27 in the Rains Complex.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack at Castaño between Sept. 23 and Sept. 24.

Thursday, Sept. 25

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for driving under the influence (DUI) at the 500 Block of Mayfield Avenue between 2:25 a.m. and 2:46 a.m.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack located at the Clark Center between 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole a cell phone between 4 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. at Y2E2.
  • Between Sept. 24 and Sept. 25, a reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside the human biology building (Building 20).

Friday, Sept. 26

• An incident of domestic violence occurred at Studio 4 between 3:30 p.m. and 6:10 p.m. An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail on charges of domestic violence and false imprisonment.
  • Two incidents of assault and battery occurred between 10:50 p.m. and 11:15 p.m. at the Kappa Sigma house. A noise complaint by two individuals caused the assaults between one of the complaining individuals and a third person. There were no injuries and all parties went their separate ways. No arrests occurred.

Saturday, Sept. 27

• Sometime between Sept. 26 and Sept. 27, an iPhone was stolen from the victim’s unattended jacket at Sigma Nu.
  • Sometime between Sept. 26 and Sept. 27, a chain-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside Junipero in Wilbur Hall.
  • Sometime between Sept. 26 and Sept. 27, a reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack located outside Kappa Alpha Theta.
  • Sometime between Sept. 27 and Sept. 28, an attempted burglary occurred in Mirrielees. An unknown suspect opened a window in the victim’s apartment and fled when the victim saw the suspect.

Sunday, Sept. 28

• No incidents were reported.

Monday, Sept. 29

• A cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack in front of the Landau Economic Building between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
  • An unlocked bike was stolen from in front of the Huang Engineering Center between 8 p.m. and 9:45 p.m.
  • Sometime between Aug. 15 and Sept. 29, a reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside Munger Building 4.
  • Sometime between Sept. 26 and Sept. 29, an unknown suspect or suspects stole currency from an unlocked cash box office located inside an office at Old Union.

Tuesday, Sept. 30

• An unlocked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside the Gates Computer Science Building between 11 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
  • A vehicle vs. vehicle collision occurred on Campus Drive West at 9:06 p.m. resulting in an injury.
  • A burglary occurred at Theta Delta Chi between 6:45 p.m. and 7:05 p.m. An unknown suspect or suspects entered the victim’s dorm room through an open window and stole a laptop and other miscellaneous items.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, six alcohol transports were reported for the seven-day period between Sept. 24 and Oct. 1.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.