Roble and Lagunita parking lots closed indefinitely

Roble and Lagunita Court parking lots permanently closed yesterday to make room for two new dorms on West Campus. These dorms, situated on either side of Lagunita Court, will provide additional housing as Stanford’s student body population continues to grow, with an estimated additional 100 students to be admitted in the fall of 2016.

Roble and Lagunita Court parking lots are closed indefinitely for construction of new undergraduate dorms. (KATHERINE CARR/The Stanford Daily)

To accommodate the removal of the Roble and Lagunita Court parking lots, Stanford has begun constructing an underground parking lot underneath Roble Field.

Santa Teresa Street parking is also blocked off with orange cones and drivers are asked to park at the new paved Searsville parking lot while the underground parking lot is under construction. The Searsville parking lot, located on the corner of Santa Teresa and Campus Drive West, is a lighted parking lot that can hold more than 600 vehicles.

Katherine Carr is a reporter for The Stanford Daily with a passion for science and public health. She comes to Stanford from Irvine, Calif., where she worked as a freelance writer for the Orange County Register. Carr is a prospective chemistry major and likes to write about science, politics and fashion. To contact her, please email kcarr2 'at' stanford.edu or follow her on Twitter @KatAnneCarr.