Stanford senior found dead in bedroom

Xavier Leyva-Quintana, a Stanford senior, was found unresponsive in his bedroom earlier this afternoon, according to a letter from Vice Provost for Student Affairs Greg Boardman addressed to the Stanford community. Levya-Quintana was 22 years old.

The cause of the death is still under investigation by the Santa Clara County Sheriff.

The Palo Alto Fire Department and Stanford Department of Public Safety responded to a call at 1 p.m, according to The San Jose Mercury News. When responders arrived at the scene, the male was found dead.

The senior is suspected to be a resident of Xanadu.

“Our thoughts are with his family, his friends, his classmates and with everyone who may be impacted by this very sad news,” Boardman stated in his letter, which also listed the medical and mental health services available at Stanford.

About George Chen

George Chen is the President and Editor in Chief of The Stanford Daily. Previously he worked at The Daily as the Executive Editor, Managing Editor of Sports, the football beat reporter and a sports desk editor. George also co-authored The Daily's recent book documenting the rise of Stanford football, "Rags to Roses." He is a junior from Painted Post, NY majoring in Biology. To contact him, please email eic@stanforddaily.com.