Parry knew he wasn't going to play all week and he acted as an extra coach and mentor to Phillips as the week progressed.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw says it's good to see explosive TD strikes again because "that's the kind of players we've got.": 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
As coaches, the staff was looking to make the game as simple and fun as possible for offense. "Streamlining" was a word that was used: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw attributes the sacks to great coverage forcing Mannion to not get the ball off more than anything else.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
"Point blank: what we had been doing wasn't good enough." Shaw about the offense: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw says that the world was never crashing down for the team inside the locker room. Never felt that way.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
"Washington State was close, but for the first time offensively, it felt like us." - Shaw: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 38, Oregon State 14. Final.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Dudchock to spend fifth year at Vanderbilt

Tight end Davis Dudchock announced on Twitter Sunday night that he would be spending his fifth year of eligibility at Vanderbilt, making him the second 2013 Stanford football player to join the Commodores this month.

Senior tight end Davis Dudchock (above) will play for former Stanford defensive coordinator Derek Mason at Vanderbilt in 2014. (DON FERIA/isiphotos.com)

It has been known since Feburary, when the Cardinal’s 2014 roster was released, that Dudchock would not be returning to the Farm.

Dudchock earned Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention in 2013, making five catches for 43 yards as a true senior. He added experience to a depleted Stanford tight end corps last season, all the while coping with the passing of his brother in March 2013.

Dudchock’s departure comes on the heels of sophomore corner Chandler Dorrell’s decision to head to Vanderbilt, where his father is the offensive coordinator under new head coach Derek Mason — who, of course, was Stanford’s defensive coordinator last season. A fourth member of the 2013 Cardinal who now calls Nashville home is former Stanford inside linebackers coach David Kotulski, who is Mason’s defensive coordinator with the Commodores.

In May, Mason told a Nashville radio station that he would like to schedule a series between Vanderbilt and Stanford, though the Cardinal’s other nonconference commitments would likely push that off for several years.

Contact Joseph Beyda at jbeyda ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the executive editor of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.
Advertisment ad adsense adlogger