Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 7 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 18 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Miscues and sloppy passing from Stanford cue another BYU run, and the lead is back to 9 at 68-59 with 6 minutes to go.: 21 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford cuts the lead to 61-57 with 7:25 to play. Card stubbornly hanging around against a quality opponent.: 26 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Sanders sinks the breakaway transition 3 to pull the BYU lead back down to 6 and kill some momentum. Stanford hanging around. 61-55 Cougars.: 28 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Sanders and Allen check in with the Card trailing by 9. A run from BYU opens up the lead again.: 31 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Freshman forward Reid Travis already has a career-high 15 points.: 40 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
After trailing the Cougars throughout the first half, Stanford within 3 at 52-49 BYU midway through the second half.: 40 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Dwight Powell on SportsCenter now as the "other piece" of the Rondo trade: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
ICYMI, Dwight Powell was traded from the Celtics to the Mavs as part of the Rajon Rondo deal yesterday.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Dudchock to spend fifth year at Vanderbilt

Tight end Davis Dudchock announced on Twitter Sunday night that he would be spending his fifth year of eligibility at Vanderbilt, making him the second 2013 Stanford football player to join the Commodores this month.

Senior tight end Davis Dudchock (above) will play for former Stanford defensive coordinator Derek Mason at Vanderbilt in 2014. (DON FERIA/isiphotos.com)

It has been known since Feburary, when the Cardinal’s 2014 roster was released, that Dudchock would not be returning to the Farm.

Dudchock earned Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention in 2013, making five catches for 43 yards as a true senior. He added experience to a depleted Stanford tight end corps last season, all the while coping with the passing of his brother in March 2013.

Dudchock’s departure comes on the heels of sophomore corner Chandler Dorrell’s decision to head to Vanderbilt, where his father is the offensive coordinator under new head coach Derek Mason — who, of course, was Stanford’s defensive coordinator last season. A fourth member of the 2013 Cardinal who now calls Nashville home is former Stanford inside linebackers coach David Kotulski, who is Mason’s defensive coordinator with the Commodores.

In May, Mason told a Nashville radio station that he would like to schedule a series between Vanderbilt and Stanford, though the Cardinal’s other nonconference commitments would likely push that off for several years.

Contact Joseph Beyda at jbeyda ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the executive editor of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.