RT @StanfordWVB: .@StanfordWVB (18-0) off to its best start to a season since 1994 (20-0), led today by Morgan Boukather's career high 18 k…: 8 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@andi_mcc @MsIngaSpoke @BlockInTheBack Thanks a lot. Never got sent quotes from last night's presser for some reason.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford drops to 4-3, the first time the Cardinal have three regular-season losses since 2009.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will fall out of the AP top-25 poll for the first time in 73 weeks.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona State 26, Stanford 10, final.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan's 4th and 10 jump ball to Montgomery falls short, and that's going to do it.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3rd and 10 with the game on the line... and why is Montgomery not out there?: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
This drive again a reminder that Stanford is not a team that plays from behind. This two-minute drill is kind of atrocious.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gonzalez knocks it in from 31. ASU takes a 26-10 lead.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Dudchock to spend fifth year at Vanderbilt

Tight end Davis Dudchock announced on Twitter Sunday night that he would be spending his fifth year of eligibility at Vanderbilt, making him the second 2013 Stanford football player to join the Commodores this month.

Senior tight end Davis Dudchock (above) will play for former Stanford defensive coordinator Derek Mason at Vanderbilt in 2014. (DON FERIA/isiphotos.com)

It has been known since Feburary, when the Cardinal’s 2014 roster was released, that Dudchock would not be returning to the Farm.

Dudchock earned Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention in 2013, making five catches for 43 yards as a true senior. He added experience to a depleted Stanford tight end corps last season, all the while coping with the passing of his brother in March 2013.

Dudchock’s departure comes on the heels of sophomore corner Chandler Dorrell’s decision to head to Vanderbilt, where his father is the offensive coordinator under new head coach Derek Mason — who, of course, was Stanford’s defensive coordinator last season. A fourth member of the 2013 Cardinal who now calls Nashville home is former Stanford inside linebackers coach David Kotulski, who is Mason’s defensive coordinator with the Commodores.

In May, Mason told a Nashville radio station that he would like to schedule a series between Vanderbilt and Stanford, though the Cardinal’s other nonconference commitments would likely push that off for several years.

Contact Joseph Beyda at jbeyda ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the executive editor of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a junior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.