Dwight Powell on SportsCenter now as the "other piece" of the Rondo trade: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
ICYMI, Dwight Powell was traded from the Celtics to the Mavs as part of the Rajon Rondo deal yesterday.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford captures 20th consecutive Directors’ Cup

The Stanford Athletic Program officially claimed its 20th consecutive Division I Learfield Sports Directors’ Cup on Tuesday with an announcement made at the National Association of Collegiate Directors of America conference.

The 20th Directors’ Cup came much easier than last year’s 19th – even with the 2014 baseball and track & field national championships still to be determined, the Cardinal have an insurmountable lead. Stanford currently has 1,479 total points, ahead of Notre Dame (1,102.75) and Florida (1099.5).

The Cup is awarded annually to the country’s best collegiate athletic program, as evaluated based on national results in up to the school’s 10 best men’s and 10 best women’s sports. Eighteen Stanford teams finished in the top 10 nationally this year, including the women’s water polo squad, which won the national title. With that win, Stanford has captured a national championship for the past 38 straight years.

In what Stanford Athletics called “a nod to the unique success attained by its students in athletics and academic,” senior water polo player Lexie Ross accepted the award on the University’s behalf and spoke at the awards luncheon.

Only one other school has ever won the Directors’ Cup – after UNC claimed the inaugural award in the 1993-94 school year, Stanford has taken all 20 titles since. Final standings for 2013-14 will be released after the baseball season concludes next week.

Contact Jana Persky at jpersky ‘at’ stanford.edu

About Jana Persky

Jana Persky is the president and editor in chief of Volume 246 of The Stanford Daily. She previously worked as a sports desk editor, news desk editor and managing editor of staff development at The Daily, and is majoring in Public Policy. Jana is a junior from New Canaan, Connecticut, who doesn't want to tell her mom and dad she likes the West Coast better. To contact her, please email eic@stanforddaily.com.