Langsdorf's header is saved and that'll do it. Santa Barbara defeats @StanfordMSoccer 1-0.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Bashti has a header go just wide. Only a minute left.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3 minutes to go. All out attack on from Stanford.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
A series of UCSB injuries has slowed the second half. 12 minutes remaining with Stanford still trailing 1-0.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Second corner for the Card in as many minutes here late in the second half.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Now 18 minutes on the clock. A little more urgency coming from Stanford.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card certainly on the attack. Still 25 minutes to go.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Morris finds Bashti in the middle on a counter attack, but his shot is saved. 29 minutes left, still 1-0 UCSB.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

McNealy, Wilson represent Cardinal at U.S. Open

As the U.S. Open begins tomorrow morning at Pinehurst Resort and Country Club in North Carolina, the Cardinal will be represented by graduating senior Cameron Wilson and freshman Maverick McNealy.

Wilson, the reigning men’s golf NCAA champion, was one of the last five golfers added to the field after earning a spot at the sectional qualifier in Purchase, New York. Wilson also competed in the 2012 U.S. Open but failed to make the cut.

If Wilson makes the cut this weekend, he will miss Stanford’s commencement ceremony, where his twin sister McKenzie will be walking. ESPN reported yesterday that if he is still playing, Wilson has pledged to put his graduation cap on when he comes off the 18th green on Sunday.

The McNealy family’s focus won’t be as divided, as Maverick will be making his U.S. Open debut with his father as his caddy. McNealy earned a spot in the tournament after finishing third at Daly City sectional qualifying in early June. He also earned Pac-12 All-Freshman recognition after a strong first-year campaign on The Farm.

Wilson will tee off at 6:45 a.m. EST while McNealy begins at 8:46 a.m.

Contact Jana Persky at jpersky ‘at’ stanford.edu

About Jana Persky

Jana Persky is the president and editor in chief of Volume 246 of The Stanford Daily. She previously worked as a sports desk editor, news desk editor and managing editor of staff development at The Daily, and is majoring in Public Policy. Jana is a junior from New Canaan, Connecticut, who doesn't want to tell her mom and dad she likes the West Coast better. To contact her, please email eic@stanforddaily.com.