Shaw: No-call on Owusu hit was "questionable": 10 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
In the span of 25 seconds, Stanford scores 13 points to win the game. Cardinal escape a tough one in the Rose Bowl, 22-13.: 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
It's Hail Mary time in Pasadena.: 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Ten seconds left, UCLA needs 25 yards for a field goal attempt.: 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford leads 16-13, UCLA has 24 seconds to break their eight game losing streak to the Cardinal.: 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Arcega-Whiteside had no catches before this game. Huge day is an understatement.: 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
First and goal Stanford with 29 seconds remaining. Let's see which team wants it more.: 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Another catch for Arcega-Whiteside, who is now Stanford's second leading reciver: 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Trenton Irwin has 20 more yards than the rest of Stanford combined.: 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford gets the stop. Cardinal have 2:05, no timeouts, need a touchdown.: 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

McNealy, Wilson represent Cardinal at U.S. Open

As the U.S. Open begins tomorrow morning at Pinehurst Resort and Country Club in North Carolina, the Cardinal will be represented by graduating senior Cameron Wilson and freshman Maverick McNealy.

Wilson, the reigning men’s golf NCAA champion, was one of the last five golfers added to the field after earning a spot at the sectional qualifier in Purchase, New York. Wilson also competed in the 2012 U.S. Open but failed to make the cut.

If Wilson makes the cut this weekend, he will miss Stanford’s commencement ceremony, where his twin sister McKenzie will be walking. ESPN reported yesterday that if he is still playing, Wilson has pledged to put his graduation cap on when he comes off the 18th green on Sunday.

The McNealy family’s focus won’t be as divided, as Maverick will be making his U.S. Open debut with his father as his caddy. McNealy earned a spot in the tournament after finishing third at Daly City sectional qualifying in early June. He also earned Pac-12 All-Freshman recognition after a strong first-year campaign on The Farm.

Wilson will tee off at 6:45 a.m. EST while McNealy begins at 8:46 a.m.

Contact Jana Persky at jpersky ‘at’ stanford.edu

About Jana Persky

Jana Persky is the president and editor in chief of Volume 246 of The Stanford Daily. She previously worked as a sports desk editor, news desk editor and managing editor of staff development at The Daily, and is majoring in Public Policy. Jana is a junior from New Canaan, Connecticut, who doesn't want to tell her mom and dad she likes the West Coast better. To contact her, please email eic@stanforddaily.com.