Over the 5-game win streak in the Big Game, Stanford has outscored Cal 201-75.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
None of Stanford's seniors will leave this school ever having lost the Big Game. Fifth straight claim to the Axe for your Cardinal.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford is bowl-eligible with its sixth win of the season!: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And it's a final from California Memorial Stadium - Stanford 38, Cal 17 in the 117th Big Game.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's a senior victory formation for this Big Game - Eddie Plantaric, Ricky Seale, Jeff Trojan among the seniors out there.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will just take knees to end the game instead of running up the score.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
There's turnover number 5 - an easy pick by Terrence Alexander. Almost a pick 6, but knocked out of bounds at the 4.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gautam Krishnamurthi got in on that last drive for his final Big Game!: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Lasco hits the perimeter and rolls in for the garbage-time touchdown. It's now a 38-17 ballgame.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

McNealy, Wilson represent Cardinal at U.S. Open

As the U.S. Open begins tomorrow morning at Pinehurst Resort and Country Club in North Carolina, the Cardinal will be represented by graduating senior Cameron Wilson and freshman Maverick McNealy.

Wilson, the reigning men’s golf NCAA champion, was one of the last five golfers added to the field after earning a spot at the sectional qualifier in Purchase, New York. Wilson also competed in the 2012 U.S. Open but failed to make the cut.

If Wilson makes the cut this weekend, he will miss Stanford’s commencement ceremony, where his twin sister McKenzie will be walking. ESPN reported yesterday that if he is still playing, Wilson has pledged to put his graduation cap on when he comes off the 18th green on Sunday.

The McNealy family’s focus won’t be as divided, as Maverick will be making his U.S. Open debut with his father as his caddy. McNealy earned a spot in the tournament after finishing third at Daly City sectional qualifying in early June. He also earned Pac-12 All-Freshman recognition after a strong first-year campaign on The Farm.

Wilson will tee off at 6:45 a.m. EST while McNealy begins at 8:46 a.m.

Contact Jana Persky at jpersky ‘at’ stanford.edu

About Jana Persky

Jana Persky is the president and editor in chief of Volume 246 of The Stanford Daily. She previously worked as a sports desk editor, news desk editor and managing editor of staff development at The Daily, and is majoring in Public Policy. Jana is a junior from New Canaan, Connecticut, who doesn't want to tell her mom and dad she likes the West Coast better. To contact her, please email eic@stanforddaily.com.