RT @StanfordWVB: .@StanfordWVB (18-0) off to its best start to a season since 1994 (20-0), led today by Morgan Boukather's career high 18 k…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@andi_mcc @MsIngaSpoke @BlockInTheBack Thanks a lot. Never got sent quotes from last night's presser for some reason.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford drops to 4-3, the first time the Cardinal have three regular-season losses since 2009.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will fall out of the AP top-25 poll for the first time in 73 weeks.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona State 26, Stanford 10, final.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan's 4th and 10 jump ball to Montgomery falls short, and that's going to do it.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3rd and 10 with the game on the line... and why is Montgomery not out there?: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
This drive again a reminder that Stanford is not a team that plays from behind. This two-minute drill is kind of atrocious.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Baseball live blog: Vanderbilt 12, Stanford 5

This event has now ended. Check out our recap here.

Welcome to The Daily’s live blog of this afternoon’s NCAA Super Regional matchup between No. 3 Stanford and No. 1 Vanderbilt! The Cardinal and Commodores will be playing in an elimination game for both sides today, with the winner advancing to the College World Series in Omaha and the loser going home.

Do-Hyoung Park, Michael Peterson and Jordan Wallach will be joined on the live blog today by Ben Weinrib, an associate sports editor at The Vanderbilt Hustler.

All times are Pacific. No need to refresh – updates will pop up on their own.

Scoring plays:

Top of the 1st:

1-0: Conde singled up the middle, RBI (1-2 BKF); Swanson scored. 2-0: Wiel doubled down the rf line, RBI (1-2 BKF); Conde scored. 3-0: Wiseman out at first 3b to 2b, SAC, bunt, RBI (1-1 FB); Turner advanced to second; Wiel scored. 4-0: Norwood singled up the middle, RBI (2-0 BB); Turner scored. 5-0: Delay singled, advanced to second on the throw, RBI (1-1 BK); Norwood scored.

Bottom of the 3rd:

5-1: Blandino, A doubled down the rf line, RBI (0-0); Diekroeger,D advanced to third; Edman, T scored. 5-3: Hoffpauir, Z reached on an error by 2b, RBI (1-1 KB); Blandino, A advanced to third, scored on the error, unearned; Diekroeger,D scored. 5-4: Taylor, W tripled down the rf line, RBI (1-1 FB); Hoffpauir, Z scored, unearned.

Top of the 4th:

6-4: Reynolds singled to left field, RBI (1-2 KBK); Delay advanced to second, out at second lf to 3b to ss; Norwood scored.

Bottom of the 4th:

6-5: Blandino, A flied out to cf, SF, RBI (2-2 FBBF); Edman, T advanced to third; Doran, BM scored, unearned.

Top of the 7th:

7-5: Conde singled to second base, RBI (2-2 BKBKF); Reynolds advanced to third; Swanson scored. 8-5: Wiel reached on a fielder’s choice, advanced to second on the error (0-1 K); Conde advanced to second, advanced to third on the error; Reynolds scored on a throwing error by 3b, unearned. 9-5: Turner flied out to cf, SF, RBI (0-2 KF); Conde scored, unearned. 10-5: Norwood singled up the middle, RBI (1-0 B); Wiseman advanced to second; Wiel scored.

Top of the 8th:

12-5Reynolds advanced to second on a throwing error by p, advanced to third on the error, failed pickoff attempt; Swanson scored on the error. Reynolds scored on a throwing error by 3b, unearned.

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.
Advertisment ad adsense adlogger