RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @dohyoungpark: This just feels like another one of those five-set marathon matches. Par for the course between these two teams.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two straight points for the Lions after the timeout, take first lead in the set since 6-5. Dunning calls another timeout.: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Baseball live blog: Vanderbilt 12, Stanford 5

This event has now ended. Check out our recap here.

Welcome to The Daily’s live blog of this afternoon’s NCAA Super Regional matchup between No. 3 Stanford and No. 1 Vanderbilt! The Cardinal and Commodores will be playing in an elimination game for both sides today, with the winner advancing to the College World Series in Omaha and the loser going home.

Do-Hyoung Park, Michael Peterson and Jordan Wallach will be joined on the live blog today by Ben Weinrib, an associate sports editor at The Vanderbilt Hustler.

All times are Pacific. No need to refresh – updates will pop up on their own.

Scoring plays:

Top of the 1st:

1-0: Conde singled up the middle, RBI (1-2 BKF); Swanson scored. 2-0: Wiel doubled down the rf line, RBI (1-2 BKF); Conde scored. 3-0: Wiseman out at first 3b to 2b, SAC, bunt, RBI (1-1 FB); Turner advanced to second; Wiel scored. 4-0: Norwood singled up the middle, RBI (2-0 BB); Turner scored. 5-0: Delay singled, advanced to second on the throw, RBI (1-1 BK); Norwood scored.

Bottom of the 3rd:

5-1: Blandino, A doubled down the rf line, RBI (0-0); Diekroeger,D advanced to third; Edman, T scored. 5-3: Hoffpauir, Z reached on an error by 2b, RBI (1-1 KB); Blandino, A advanced to third, scored on the error, unearned; Diekroeger,D scored. 5-4: Taylor, W tripled down the rf line, RBI (1-1 FB); Hoffpauir, Z scored, unearned.

Top of the 4th:

6-4: Reynolds singled to left field, RBI (1-2 KBK); Delay advanced to second, out at second lf to 3b to ss; Norwood scored.

Bottom of the 4th:

6-5: Blandino, A flied out to cf, SF, RBI (2-2 FBBF); Edman, T advanced to third; Doran, BM scored, unearned.

Top of the 7th:

7-5: Conde singled to second base, RBI (2-2 BKBKF); Reynolds advanced to third; Swanson scored. 8-5: Wiel reached on a fielder’s choice, advanced to second on the error (0-1 K); Conde advanced to second, advanced to third on the error; Reynolds scored on a throwing error by 3b, unearned. 9-5: Turner flied out to cf, SF, RBI (0-2 KF); Conde scored, unearned. 10-5: Norwood singled up the middle, RBI (1-0 B); Wiseman advanced to second; Wiel scored.

Top of the 8th:

12-5Reynolds advanced to second on a throwing error by p, advanced to third on the error, failed pickoff attempt; Swanson scored on the error. Reynolds scored on a throwing error by 3b, unearned.

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to awesthem 'at' stanford.edu to reach Ashley Westhem, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.