Police Blotter: May 20 – May 28

This report covers a selection of incidents reported between May 20 and May 28 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Tuesday, May 20

• An unknown suspect or suspects knocked down four signs and a section of fence along Stock Farm Road between Campus Drive and Oak Road in an incident of vandalism.
  • An unlocked bike was stolen from the front porch of Escondido Village III- Building 108 between 9:30 a.m. and 7:50 p.m. However, the bike was subsequently recovered near the scene of a residential burglary.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for burglary at Escondido Village III- Building 108 around 4:30 p.m.

Thursday, May 22

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for Lewd Conduct in Public between Escondido Road and Bowdoin Way between 3:35 p.m. and 3:40 p.m.

Friday, May 23

• An individual was cited and released for creating a public nuisance by urinating in public at 2 a.m. at the intersection of Mayfield Avenue and Lagunita Drive.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack located in front of the Escondido III Highrise- McFarland building between 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
  • Bike lights were stolen from outside Pigott Theater between 7:15 p.m. and 10 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a Minor in Possession (MIP) of Alcohol at 11:20 p.m. at the intersection of Mayfield Avenue and Lagunita Drive.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a Minor in Possession (MIP) of Alcohol at 11:35 p.m. at the Kappa Sigma House.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects spray painted the word “stand” and a cartoon octopus head on a sandstone pillar in front of the Lasuen House between May 22 and May 23.

Saturday, May 24

• An individual was cited and released for being a Minor in Possession (MIP) of Alcohol at 11:20 p.m. at the intersection of Mayfield Avenue and Santa Ynez Street.
  • Two unlocked bikes were stolen from the front porch at Escondido Village II- Building 82 between May 23 and May 24.

Sunday, May 25

• An individual was cited and released for being a Minor in Possession (MIP) of Alcohol at the intersection of Mayfield Avenue and Campus Drive at 12:41 a.m.
  • An incident of vandalism occurred at Lasuen House between 12 a.m. and 9 a.m. An unknown suspect or suspects destroyed two cement planters by unknown means.
  • An incident of vandalism occurred at Escondido Village V Highrise- Mirrielees no later than 2:10 p.m. when an unknown suspect or suspects broke two windows on an exterior door.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects entered an unlocked dorm room at Sigma Alpha Epsilon between May 24 and May 25 and stole a laptop.

Monday, May 26

• An incident of vandalism occurred when a suspect destroyed two rooms on the basement floor of the Mitchell Earth Sciences Building between 1:40 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.
  • Two individuals were cited and released for trespassing at the Avery Aquatic Center at 10:20 p.m.
  • A Stanford graduate student was reported missing between May 24 and May 26 at the Thornton Annex after he failed to return to complete an important project.

Tuesday, May 27

• An unknown suspect or suspects committed a burglary at the School of Education between May 24 and May 27. The suspect or suspects entered an office and damaged a window. No items were reported stolen.
  • Two medical alcohol transports were reported between May 20 and May 28, according to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.