Police Blotter: May 20 – May 28

This report covers a selection of incidents reported between May 20 and May 28 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Tuesday, May 20

• An unknown suspect or suspects knocked down four signs and a section of fence along Stock Farm Road between Campus Drive and Oak Road in an incident of vandalism.
  • An unlocked bike was stolen from the front porch of Escondido Village III- Building 108 between 9:30 a.m. and 7:50 p.m. However, the bike was subsequently recovered near the scene of a residential burglary.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for burglary at Escondido Village III- Building 108 around 4:30 p.m.

Thursday, May 22

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for Lewd Conduct in Public between Escondido Road and Bowdoin Way between 3:35 p.m. and 3:40 p.m.

Friday, May 23

• An individual was cited and released for creating a public nuisance by urinating in public at 2 a.m. at the intersection of Mayfield Avenue and Lagunita Drive.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack located in front of the Escondido III Highrise- McFarland building between 5:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.
  • Bike lights were stolen from outside Pigott Theater between 7:15 p.m. and 10 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a Minor in Possession (MIP) of Alcohol at 11:20 p.m. at the intersection of Mayfield Avenue and Lagunita Drive.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a Minor in Possession (MIP) of Alcohol at 11:35 p.m. at the Kappa Sigma House.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects spray painted the word “stand” and a cartoon octopus head on a sandstone pillar in front of the Lasuen House between May 22 and May 23.

Saturday, May 24

• An individual was cited and released for being a Minor in Possession (MIP) of Alcohol at 11:20 p.m. at the intersection of Mayfield Avenue and Santa Ynez Street.
  • Two unlocked bikes were stolen from the front porch at Escondido Village II- Building 82 between May 23 and May 24.

Sunday, May 25

• An individual was cited and released for being a Minor in Possession (MIP) of Alcohol at the intersection of Mayfield Avenue and Campus Drive at 12:41 a.m.
  • An incident of vandalism occurred at Lasuen House between 12 a.m. and 9 a.m. An unknown suspect or suspects destroyed two cement planters by unknown means.
  • An incident of vandalism occurred at Escondido Village V Highrise- Mirrielees no later than 2:10 p.m. when an unknown suspect or suspects broke two windows on an exterior door.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects entered an unlocked dorm room at Sigma Alpha Epsilon between May 24 and May 25 and stole a laptop.

Monday, May 26

• An incident of vandalism occurred when a suspect destroyed two rooms on the basement floor of the Mitchell Earth Sciences Building between 1:40 a.m. and 3:30 a.m.
  • Two individuals were cited and released for trespassing at the Avery Aquatic Center at 10:20 p.m.
  • A Stanford graduate student was reported missing between May 24 and May 26 at the Thornton Annex after he failed to return to complete an important project.

Tuesday, May 27

• An unknown suspect or suspects committed a burglary at the School of Education between May 24 and May 27. The suspect or suspects entered an office and damaged a window. No items were reported stolen.
  • Two medical alcohol transports were reported between May 20 and May 28, according to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.