7-3 Colorado with 11:59 left in the second quarter. Buffs drive 73 yards in 9 plays.: 3 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Touchdown Colorado. Liufau hits Shay Fields in the end zone for a 15 yard touchdown. Alijah Holder was on the coverage.: 4 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
There's another sack for @SollyThomas90. Loss of four and kills some Colorado momentum.: 5 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Liufau pitches outside to Shay fields who races out for a first down. Colorado looking to exploit Stanford LBs early and often.: 7 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Colorado on pace for 96 yards of offense in this game. Stanford defense has been suffocating so far: 10 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Alijah Holder's return has been huge for the Stanford defense so far. The return of the Holder/Meeks duo has done wonders: 16 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
This is the first time Stanford has scored first since UCLA 4 weeks ago: 23 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Big difference between first two drives has been Stanford offensive line, which has set up Love's run and Burns's pass to Dalton Schultz: 29 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
A big drive for Joey Alfieri and a convincing first look from the Stanford defense. Both offenses could struggle today: 38 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Depth chart listed McCaffrey or Rector or Love for primary KR, but looks like Stanford is easing him back in: 44 mins ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Women’s golf slows down at NCAA Championships

After moving up into seventh following Wednesday’s second round, the 12th-seeded Stanford women’s golf team slipped out of the top 10 on Thursday, finding itself in 14th at the NCAA Championships. The Cardinal turned in the third-worst Thursday score in the 24-squad field, posting a 14-over 294 at the Tulsa Country Club. In the individual competition, sophomore Lauren Kim is in a three-way tie for third, with classmate Mariah Stackhouse now sitting outside the top 25 in a tie for 27th.

Mariah Stackhouse (above) took a step back at the NCAA finals on Thursday, with three back nine bogeys on Par 4's en route to a 4-over 74. Stackhouse now stands in a tie for 27th place.

Sophomore Mariah Stackhouse (above) took a step back at the NCAA finals on Thursday, with three back nine bogeys on par-4s en route to a 4-over 74. Stackhouse now stands in a tie for 27th place. (NICK SALAZAR/The Stanford Daily)

The third round began incredibly well for Anne Walker’s quintet, which vaulted into a tie for third by virtue of completing its first nine holes with a cumulative 1-over score. Stanford was particularly successful on the par-5 16th hole, recording two eagles, two birdies and a par. However, the group was unable to sustain its torrid pace in the latter half of the round, shooting 13-over and tumbling down the team leaderboard. Kim, who took the individual lead with a birdie on the par-4 18th, went 3-over on her back nine, with three bogeys and a double bogey dragging down her performance. Nevertheless, Kim is still within striking distance of the leaders and sits only three strokes back.

Stackhouse was unable to replicate her strong second round, posting three bogeys on the six par-4s on the back nine en route to a 4-over 74. Her T-27th position is ahead of her 29th-place finish at last year’s championships. If the statistics are any indication, Stackhouse should finish strong in today’s final round, given her 72.42 final round scoring average this season.

The core of the Cardinal’s issues in Tulsa, however, has been their inability to produce solid third and fourth scores. Freshman Casey Danielson—who showed incredible promise during the spring season and certainly has a bright future on the Farm—has not played up to her potential with rounds of 79-72-74. In addition, although senior Marissa Mar has improved her score with each successive day, she is currently tied for 116th in the 126-woman field. Finally, junior Mariko Tumangan is still mired in a slump, in which she has not cracked the top 30 in any spring event.

Today’s final round begins at 5 a.m., with Stanford teeing off between 5:55 and 6:39. Live scoring is available on NCAA.com.

About Cameron Miller

Cameron Miller is a sports desk editor for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 246 and is the men's and women's golf writer. He also writes on NCAA-related matters. Cameron is also a Stanford student-athlete, competing on the cross country and track and field teams. He is originally from Bakersfield, California, but spends most of his time away from the Farm on the state's Central Coast. Contact him at cmiller6@stanford.edu.