SI also gave Jordan Richards, Ty Montgomery and Henry Anderson All-America honorable mention.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Peat was earlier announced as an ESPN 1st team, CBS Sports 2nd team, Walter Camp 2nd team All-American.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Accolades for Andrus Peat today: Morris Trophy (Pac-12's top OL), SI 1st team All-American, AP 2nd team All-American.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: #Rivals100 running back Cameron Scarlett just announced his commitment to #Stanford. Major pickup for the Cardinal: htt…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Who else but Penn State would Stanford face in the semis? Teams played five sets in the regional final last year and at Maples in Sept.: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
.@StanfordWVB clinches a Final Four berth, its first since 2008, with a three-set win over Florida. Off to Oklahoma City: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Darrin Nelson to be inducted to College Football Hall of Fame

Former Stanford running back Darrin Nelson has been selected to the 2014 class of the College Football Hall of Fame, the National Football Foundation announced Thursday.

Nelson, the 18th Stanford player to be elected to the Hall of Fame, was a four-time All-Pac-10 selection and first team All-American. During his Stanford career that spanned from 1977-81, Nelson rushed for 4,033 yards, while also setting what was then an NCAA record with 6,885 career all-purpose yards. Nelson finished with more than 1,000 rushing yards and 50 receptions in three seasons, becoming the first player in college football to achieve this distinction even once.

After his Stanford career, Nelson enjoyed a successful 11-year career in the National Football League, in which he spent nine seasons with the Vikings and two seasons with the Chargers before retiring at the conclusion of the 1992 season. Nelson then returned to Stanford, spending 15 years as a member of the administration.

Nelson will be honored at a National Football Foundation dinner on Dec. 9 in New York City.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is the head copy editor, a sports desk editor and a former Managing Editor of Sports at The Daily. He fills the "Crazy Old Uncle" role at The Daily, occasionally being allowed to throw up football stories and rant-y columns. Do-Hyoung is a junior from Saint Paul, Minnesota studying chemical engineering and computer science. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.