Hogan is threading some tight needles today. Some very, very impressive throws like that one to Cajuste. Perfect 9-for-9 to start.: 5 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
McCaffrey reverse to Owusu for the big gain. There's your quota of David Shaw trickery for the day.: 6 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Per @ksvoboda, Jeff Trojan has STILL caught every ball thrown to him in his career. 18 targets, 18 catches.: 8 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Looking like a methodical Stanford drive and not one of the penalties all over ones. Chains keep moving.: 8 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's good. 10-7. Given starting field position and how that drive ended, though, that's a win for Stanford's defense.: 15 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford front seven starting to get some real push and pressure on Hundley and his offensive line. Fairbairn out for the kick.: 15 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Also, look at these time of possession numbers: Stanford 12:15, UCLA 2:45.: 25 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has spent about as much time going forward as it has going backward. UCLA must be rubbing off.: 26 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
End of the first quarter: Stanford 7, UCLA 7.: 26 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Liking the McCaffrey read-option call too, even when it doesn't work. He's pass-protect training away from being a fantastic RB.: 26 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Darrin Nelson to be inducted to College Football Hall of Fame

Former Stanford running back Darrin Nelson has been selected to the 2014 class of the College Football Hall of Fame, the National Football Foundation announced Thursday.

Nelson, the 18th Stanford player to be elected to the Hall of Fame, was a four-time All-Pac-10 selection and first team All-American. During his Stanford career that spanned from 1977-81, Nelson rushed for 4,033 yards, while also setting what was then an NCAA record with 6,885 career all-purpose yards. Nelson finished with more than 1,000 rushing yards and 50 receptions in three seasons, becoming the first player in college football to achieve this distinction even once.

After his Stanford career, Nelson enjoyed a successful 11-year career in the National Football League, in which he spent nine seasons with the Vikings and two seasons with the Chargers before retiring at the conclusion of the 1992 season. Nelson then returned to Stanford, spending 15 years as a member of the administration.

Nelson will be honored at a National Football Foundation dinner on Dec. 9 in New York City.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is the head copy editor and a sports desk editor at The Daily. He has previously served as the Vol. 245 Managing Editor of Sports and primarily writes football, women's soccer and columns that he's pretty sure nobody reads except for him. Do-Hyoung is a junior originally from Seoul, South Korea and raised in Saint Paul, Minnesota pursuing a major in chemical engineering. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.