79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

U.S. Men’s National Soccer Team arrives at Stanford

The United States Men’s National Soccer Team began its training camp at Stanford Stadium on Wednesday in preparation for this summer’s World Cup. The team will also use Laird Q. Cagan Stadium for its practices, which are set to continue on campus through May 25th.

USMNT coach Jurgen Klinsmann has invited 30 players to the Farm — 21 were in attendance today — but only 23 will make the final squad that will head to Brazil. Consensus among soccer experts is that perhaps a half-dozen players are locks to make the squad; thus, the Stanford training camp figures to be a critical period for Klinsmann and his coaches as they whittle down the roster.

Shortly after the unit wraps up its stay at Stanford, it will play Azerbaijan at Candlestick Park in the first of three international friendly matches it has scheduled before the World Cup. Turkey is next on June 1; after the match, Klinsmann will cut seven players and finalize the group that will travel to Brazil. After taking on Nigeria in its final tune-up on June 7, the USMNT will head south to confront the so-called “Group of Death”.

Ghana — the country that has ousted the US from the last two World Cups — will be up first for the Americans. Klinsmann’s crew will then face juggernauts and top-three FIFA-ranked teams Portugal and Germany. The tilt with the Germans figures to be particularly emotional for a few reasons: The US squad could be fighting to stay in the tournament, while Klinsmann will be facing the squad he used to play for and coach.

About Cameron Miller

Cameron Miller is a sports desk editor for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 246 and is the men's and women's golf writer. He also writes on NCAA-related matters. Cameron is also a Stanford student-athlete, competing on the cross country and track and field teams. He is originally from Bakersfield, California, but spends most of his time away from the Farm on the state's Central Coast. Contact him at cmiller6@stanford.edu.