Police Blotter: May 5 to May 12

This report covers a selection of incidents reported between May 5 and May 12 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Monday, May 5

• A female student reported that she was sexually assaulted by a non-student male acquaintance in a car near the intersection of Santa Teresa Street and Lomita Drive.

Tuesday, May 6

• An unknown suspect or suspects entered a Stanford employee’s unlocked vehicle and stole an iPod Shuffle between 9:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. at Lasuen Mall at Arboretum Road.

Wednesday, May 7

• A female student reported suspicious circumstances that could be indicative of a sexual assault.

Thursday, May 8

• An incident of trespassing occurred at the Enchanted Broccoli Forest between 1 a.m. and 1:05 a.m. An unknown suspect entered the victim’s unlocked dormitory room and yelled at her, then left without further incident.

Friday, May 9

• A non-injury, vehicle vs. vehicle, hit-and-run collision occurred around 12 a.m. at the Burnham Pavilion East Parking Lot at Arguello Way.
  • A juvenile was cited and released for violating curfew at 2:45 a.m. at the corner of Lomita Street and Lagunita Street.

Saturday, May 10

• An incident of prowling occurred at 3 a.m. at Building 8 of the Rains Complex. An unknown suspect opened the window to the victim’s apartment. When confronted, the suspect apologized and said he was mistaken. The suspect then left the scene. An AlertSU was issued.
  •  An unknown suspect or suspects stole a wallet from a locked locker in the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center while the victim was working out between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m. There was no apparent force used to open the locker.
  • An unlocked bike was stolen from a patio near Escondido Village II- Building 84.

Sunday, May 11

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole multiple wallets from separate lockers at the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center between 3:30 p.m. and 5:10 p.m. The lockers involved were reportedly locked before they were left unattended.

Monday, May 12

• An injury-causing bike accident occurred when the bicyclist fell off his bike as a result of a broken steering tube due to excessive rust at the corner of Palm Drive and Campus Drive at 10:34 a.m.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside of Branner Hall between 1 p.m. and 4:05 p.m.
  •  An unknown suspect or suspects stole an unattended camera from a hallway in Building 420 between 2:10 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
  • The Palo Alto Fire Department extinguished a fire between 4:08 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. on Roth Way between Lasuen Street and Palm Drive. A piece of artwork in the form of a wall caught fire as a result spontaneous combustion from the effect of the sun on hot metal.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.