ICYMI, Dwight Powell was traded from the Celtics to the Mavs as part of the Rajon Rondo deal yesterday.: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 15 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @dohyoungpark: This just feels like another one of those five-set marathon matches. Par for the course between these two teams.: 16 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Levi’s Stadium to host 2014 Pac-12 Football Championship game

The Pac-12 Conference will announce today that its 2014 football conference championship game will be held at the nearly completed Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California. Construction on the venue is expected to conclude sometime this summer, with an MLS match between the San Jose Earthquakes and Seattle Sounders FC on August 2 expected to be the first sporting event at the new $1.3 billion stadium.

With a tentative maximum capacity of 68,500, Levi’s replaces the decades-old Candlestick Park as the permanent home of the NFL’s San Francisco 49ers. In addition, the stadium will be the new host of the Fight Hunger Bowl — which has been played at AT&T Park since 2002 — and Super Bowl L on February 7, 2016. Although it is unclear how long the Pac-12 Championship Game will remain at Levi’s Stadium, it is likely to remain in the South Bay for the foreseeable future.

The decision by the Pac-12 marks the first time in the league’s history that the conference championship game will be held at a neutral site. In the past three seasons, the team with the better record between the Pac-12 North and South division champions has hosted the conference title tilt. During that time, Oregon, Stanford and Arizona State have each served as host.

The 2014 Pac-12 Championship is scheduled for Friday, December 5.

About Cameron Miller

Cameron Miller is a sports desk editor for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 246 and is the men's and women's golf writer. He also writes on NCAA-related matters. Cameron is also a Stanford student-athlete, competing on the cross country and track and field teams. He is originally from Bakersfield, California, but spends most of his time away from the Farm on the state's Central Coast. Contact him at cmiller6@stanford.edu.