Police Blotter: April 29 to May 6

This report covers a selection of incidents reported between April 29 and May 6 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SDPS) bulletin.

Tuesday, April 29

• There was an incident of assault and battery at the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center between 8:30 p.m. and 8:35 p.m. The suspect struck the victim with a closed fist, then challenged him to a fight. The suspect did not sustain any serious injuries. This case was referred to the District Attorney’s office.
  • A picture was stolen from inside the Stanford Law School Library between April 1 and April 29.
  • A bike that was U-locked to itself was stolen from outside of Twain North between April 20 and April 29.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole the front fork from a U-locked bike that was locked to a bike rack outside the Keck Science Building between April 28 and April 29.

Wednesday, April 30

• A cable-locked bike was stolen from outside a bike rack outside of the School of Education between 9:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.
  • A chain-locked bike was stolen from outside Building 1 of Munger between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Thursday, May 1

• Seven undergraduate students were cited and released for trespassing at the Stanford Stadium between 2:25 a.m. and 2:42 a.m. The students claimed that they wanted to look around inside, and were located at the stadium concourse.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for Public Intoxication (DIP) at 4:00 a.m. at 150 Governor’s Lane.
  • A hit-and-run bike vs. pedestrian collision occurred at the 400 block of Lasuen Mall around 3:10 p.m. The victim was injured.
  • An unlocked bike was stolen from outside of Crothers Memorial Hall between April 30 and May 1.

Saturday, May 3

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole an iPhone, student ID and debit card on a charter bus between 11:45 p.m. and 11:50 p.m. The phone was last tracked in Daly City.

Sunday, May 4

• An unknown suspect or suspects entered the victims’ unlocked dorm rooms and stole two laptops and a wallet between 3:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.at Phi Kappa Psi.
  • A bike that was locked to itself was stolen from in front of the Stanford Visitor’s Center between 9:40 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole a cell phone and wallet at the Lagunita Court Dining Hall Area between May 3 and May 4.

Monday, May 5

• An unlocked bike was stolen between 1:15 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. from a bike rack outside Building 200.
  • An individual was riding his bike when he encountered a group of individuals “engaging in inappropriate celebration” of Cinco de Mayo. The individual also reported that unknown individuals in a vehicle taunted him. The event reportedly occurred at 5:05 p.m. on Escondido Road at Arguello Way.

Tuesday, May 6

• A cable-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside Meyer Library between 3:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.
  • The Palo Alto Fire Department put out a fire in a garbage can at 4:27 p.m. at Roth Way at Palm Drive.
  • A pair of sunglasses was stolen from a package in the mail room in Y2E2 between May 2 and May 6.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.