Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're not playing at the level we need at the quarterback.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "Offensively, there's a lot of questions we have to answer as a staff...that's on me.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "The defense was outstanding...Coach Lance Anderson did a fantastic job.": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
This is the first time Stanford failed to score a touchdown since the game-that-must-not-named (i.e. 2015 Northwestern): 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Burns hits Irwin who laterals it to McCaffrey who drops the ball before Love falls on it. Appropriate ending for a mess of a game.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford will have four seconds to make some magic happen. Unlikely but, hey, it's college football.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports

NFL Draft profile: Kevin Danser

Kevin Danser, Offensive Guard

Alter ego: “The fighter.” Despite losing the battle for Stanford’s right tackle position entering his junior season, Danser kept grinding and earned a starting job the next year. He held down that spot for two seasons.

CBSSports.com projection: Undrafted

Cardinal career: Danser, then a junior, was the front-runner to take over for Derek Hall at right tackle entering the 2011 season. Sophomore Cameron Fleming ended up winning the job, while Danser remained a reserve for another year. But Danser stuck with it, and became Stanford’s starting right guard entering 2012.

The results? Twenty-eight straight starts on two Rose Bowl-winning teams and a pair of All-Pac-12 recognitions (second team in 2012, honorable mention in 2013). Danser helped pave the way for two 1,000-yard rushers, all the while adding a youthful spirit to one of the best offensive lines in college football. The biomechanical engineering major has also been named to the Pac-12 All-Academic second-team twice.

Pro stock: As one of four outgoing starters on the offensive line — including a couple of likely high-round draft picks in Fleming and David Yankey — Danser isn’t the first Cardinal lineman that scouts will be looking at. But a camp invite is by no means out of the question, and one CBSSports.com analyst even called him “one of the most underrated players in the country” in October. If NFL scouts have been taking note of Danser’s mean streak, it could be a special draft season for the Tunnel Workers Union.

Highlight: Out of Stanford’s beloved power running formation, Danser pulled — and made a crucial block —on Stepfan Taylor’s game-sealing run in the 2013 Rose Bowl.

Contact Joseph Beyda at jbeyda ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the editor in chief of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the executive editor, webmaster, football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.