Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 12 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 12 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 12 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're not playing at the level we need at the quarterback.": 12 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "Offensively, there's a lot of questions we have to answer as a staff...that's on me.": 12 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "The defense was outstanding...Coach Lance Anderson did a fantastic job.": 12 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
This is the first time Stanford failed to score a touchdown since the game-that-must-not-named (i.e. 2015 Northwestern): 12 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Burns hits Irwin who laterals it to McCaffrey who drops the ball before Love falls on it. Appropriate ending for a mess of a game.: 12 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford will have four seconds to make some magic happen. Unlikely but, hey, it's college football.: 12 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

NFL Draft profile: Anthony Wilkerson

Anthony Wilkerson, Running Back

Alter ego: “A-Wilk.” Wilkerson’s nickname took hold after he contributed to one of Stepfan Taylor/Kulabafi’s rap videos.

CBSSports.com projection: Undrafted

Cardinal career: Thrust into the Cardinal’s five-man running back committee as a freshman, Wilkerson excelled, piling up 408 rushing yards and earning the team’s most outstanding freshman award. Though that’s the most productive season Wilkerson would put together — he spent his career stuck behind Stepfan Taylor ’13 and, later, Tyler Gaffney — he added valued depth to the Cardinal backfield in all four of its BCS runs.

Late in his career, Wilkerson was used as a read-option and Wildcat specialist as he extended his career rushing total past 1,000 yards. The high moments of his career include a 57-yard performance in last year’s Pac-12 Championship Game and a 93-yard, two-touchdown game against Washington in 2011, in which one of Wilkerson’s late rushes broke the Cardinal’s single-game team rushing record (446 yards).

Pro stock: Even though Gaffney is getting the top billing as the draft approaches, don’t count Wilkerson out for a shot at a pro camp. Former teammate Jeremy Stewart ’11, another depth back for the Cardinal who graduated after the 2011 season, bounced between three NFL teams before making his pro debut with the Oakland Raiders, for whom he played in 13 games last season. Wilkerson shares Stewart’s familiarity with Stanford’s pro-style, power-run offense and actually out-produced him on the Farm, but he doesn’t have as much special teams experience as his predecessor and clocked a 4.65 40 (relatively slow for a running back) at the Cardinal’s pro day. Still, he hits holes fast and has put enough on film to earn a good look from NFL scouts.

Highlight: Wilkerson sped through a hole for a key touchdown in Stanford’s 27-20 win against Notre Dame last season.

Contact Joseph Beyda at jbeyda ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the editor in chief of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the executive editor, webmaster, football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.