Police Blotter: April 21 – April 30

This report covers a selection of incidents reported between April 21 and April 30 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Monday, April 21

• A bike that was U-locked to itself was stolen from outside of the Sterling Quad Adams House between April 20 and April 21.

Wednesday, April 23

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole a Pipet-Lite device from the Lorry Lokey Stem Cell Research Building between April 18 and April 23.

Thursday, April 24

• An unknown suspect or suspects stole a Pipet-Lite device from a lab desk at the Center for Clinical Sciences Research between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.
  • Public Safety Department deputies and Palo Alto Police responded to a robbery at the Stanford Shopping Mall. Deputies located clothing, a wallet and other items of interest around 7:59 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole a label maker from an unlocked lab desk at the Center for Clinical Sciences Research between April 23 and April 24
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole two Pipet-Lite devices from the victim’s desk at the Center for Clinical Sciences Research between April 23 and April 24.

Friday, April 25

• An unknown individual dropped off a firearm in the lobby of the Stanford Department of Public Safety Station for destruction at 1:00 p.m.
  • A bomb threat was made in a call to the Department of Public Safety between 4:15 p.m. and 4:17 p.m. The unknown suspect or suspects making the call claimed to have killed several people and to have planted an explosive device. The threat was unfounded. Per Skype officials, Stanford was one of six locations to have experienced this kind of hoaxing call during the same time frame.
  • A suspect reportedly had been harassing a victim by calling the victim’s office 10 to15 times a day as well as sending several emails. No threats were made against the victim. The location of the incidents is noted as 579 Serra Mall.

Saturday, April 26

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for Public Intoxication at 12:51 a.m. at Bowdoin Lane at Arguello Mall.
  • The Palo Alto Fire Department extinguished a dumpster fire located on the south side of the loading dock at Escondido IV Highrise- Blackwelder between 2:00 p.m. and 2:10 p.m. No damage was done to the building from the fire or the smoke.
  • A stolen golf cart was recovered sometime between April 26 and April 27 at Sigma Chi.

Monday, April 27

• The Palo Alto Fire Department responded to a small fire at Escondido Elementary School at 7:15 p.m. The cause of the fire is unknown.
  • A verbal dispute erupted between two people over the possession of property at Studio 3. The two people were in a previous dating relationship and lived together.
  • The back wheel of a bike was vandalized between April 26 and April 27 at Crothers Hall.

Monday, April 28

• A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside the Thorton Center between 5:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.

Tuesday, April 29

• An unlocked bike was stolen from the west side of the Clark Center between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.

There was one alcohol transport reported between April 23 and April 30 in the bulletin.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.