RT @StanfordWVB: .@StanfordWVB (18-0) off to its best start to a season since 1994 (20-0), led today by Morgan Boukather's career high 18 k…: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@andi_mcc @MsIngaSpoke @BlockInTheBack Thanks a lot. Never got sent quotes from last night's presser for some reason.: 8 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford drops to 4-3, the first time the Cardinal have three regular-season losses since 2009.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will fall out of the AP top-25 poll for the first time in 73 weeks.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona State 26, Stanford 10, final.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan's 4th and 10 jump ball to Montgomery falls short, and that's going to do it.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3rd and 10 with the game on the line... and why is Montgomery not out there?: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
This drive again a reminder that Stanford is not a team that plays from behind. This two-minute drill is kind of atrocious.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gonzalez knocks it in from 31. ASU takes a 26-10 lead.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Golfers Stackhouse, Kim and Danielson named to All-Pac-12 Teams

For the second consecutive season, Stanford sophomore golfer Mariah Stackhouse was named to the All-Pac-12 First Team, the conference announced Thursday.

Stanford sophomore Mariah Stackhouse (above) was named to the All-Pac-12 First Team for the second consecutive year. (NICK SALAZAR/The Stanford Daily)

The Riverdale, Georgia, native, who was also named to the 2014 Curtis Cup team in March, was the only Cardinal player to receive first-team honors. Stackhouse followed up her impressive freshman campaign with a solid sophomore season, winning the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational in early October and the UC-Irvine Invitational in February. And though she wasn’t able improve upon her top-three finish at last year’s Pac-12 Tournament at this season’s conference event, Stackhouse still placed in a tie for ninth to lead her young squad to a long-awaited title.

Also for the second straight year, Stackhouse’s classmate Lauren Kim was named to the All-Pac-12 Second Team. Kim made huge strides in her second year on the Farm, and is currently ranked amongst the top 70 female amateur golfers in the world.

The local product has led or co-led her team four times this season, including at this past weekend’s Pac-12 Championships. Kim tied for ninth place along with Stackhouse and teammate Casey Danielson, proving that her contributions to the unit cannot be overlooked. Her best numerical performance of the season to date came at the San Diego State Farms Invitational, at which she fired a cumulative 6-under 210 score to finish second.

Rounding out Stanford’s golfers on the All-Pac-12 teams was Danielson, who earned honorable mention. Danielson stepped up her level of play immensely during the Card’s spring schedule, and was the team’s lowest scorer in four of its last six events. A four-time individual state champion in her home state of Wisconsin, Danielson has provided the Cardinal with the consistent third punch it lacked throughout much of last season. Her best event of the year also came in San Diego, where she placed one stroke back of Kim with a 5-under 211.

Also this week, Stanford was assigned to the NCAA East Regional in Tallahassee, Florida. Anne Walker’s squad will enter the regional as the No. 3 seed and will begin play at the SouthWood Golf Club next Friday.

Contact Cameron Miller at cmiller ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Cameron Miller

Cameron Miller is a sports desk editor for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 246 and is the men's and women's golf writer. He also writes on NCAA-related matters. Cameron is also a Stanford student-athlete, competing on the cross country and track and field teams. He is originally from Bakersfield, California, but spends most of his time away from the Farm on the state's Central Coast. Contact him at cmiller6@stanford.edu.