RT @CWCameronWalker: By far the hardest decision of my life, but I will spend the next chapter of my life at Stanford University under Coac…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Four-star forward Cameron Walker, the nation's No. 61 player, just tweeted that he has committed to #Stanford. Huge get…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Ten Stanford players score as lacrosse dismantles UC-Davis

No. 13 Stanford lacrosse (11-2, 5-1 MPSF) followed up a big conference win over Oregon on Friday with its second-highest scoring output of the season in a lopsided 18-6 win over UC-Davis (6-8, 1-6). Eight different Cardinal players scored two goals each to lead a diverse scoring barrage.

(ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

Senior Rachel Ozer (right) was one of eight Cardinal players to score two goals in Stanford’s 18-goal offensive barrage in the team’s second-largest scoring output of the season. (ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

It was a blowout from the beginning, with Stanford capturing a 4-0 lead within the first three minutes of the match and ultimately stretching that lead to 13-5 by the end of the first period. At that point, Stanford had already outshot UC-Davis 23-10 and had scored three straight goals to end the half.

The match ultimately utilized a running clock in the final 26 minutes due to the extent of the blowout, and the Stanford defense still stood firm in the second half, holding the Aggies to just one goal after the break while the offense continued to be productive in scoring five goals with a rotation of players shuffling through.

With the win, Stanford sits in second place in the MPSF behind just Denver, which still boasts a perfect conference record. With the conference tournament quickly approaching in early May, Stanford just needs to win one of its three remaining games to guarantee itself a spot, although Denver’s perfect record and tiebreak advantage over the Cardinal will make a No. 1 seed unlikely.

The Cardinal will next head down to southern California to take on San Diego State on Friday at 2 p.m.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park is the Head Copy Editor at The Stanford Daily. Even though he is finally able to get into R-rated movies now, he instead chooses to spend his time writing half the sports section every week. Do-Hyoung is a sophomore originally from Seoul, South Korea and raised in Saint Paul, Minnesota pursuing a major in chemical engineering. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.