79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Ten Stanford players score as lacrosse dismantles UC-Davis

No. 13 Stanford lacrosse (11-2, 5-1 MPSF) followed up a big conference win over Oregon on Friday with its second-highest scoring output of the season in a lopsided 18-6 win over UC-Davis (6-8, 1-6). Eight different Cardinal players scored two goals each to lead a diverse scoring barrage.

(ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

Senior Rachel Ozer (right) was one of eight Cardinal players to score two goals in Stanford’s 18-goal offensive barrage in the team’s second-largest scoring output of the season. (ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

It was a blowout from the beginning, with Stanford capturing a 4-0 lead within the first three minutes of the match and ultimately stretching that lead to 13-5 by the end of the first period. At that point, Stanford had already outshot UC-Davis 23-10 and had scored three straight goals to end the half.

The match ultimately utilized a running clock in the final 26 minutes due to the extent of the blowout, and the Stanford defense still stood firm in the second half, holding the Aggies to just one goal after the break while the offense continued to be productive in scoring five goals with a rotation of players shuffling through.

With the win, Stanford sits in second place in the MPSF behind just Denver, which still boasts a perfect conference record. With the conference tournament quickly approaching in early May, Stanford just needs to win one of its three remaining games to guarantee itself a spot, although Denver’s perfect record and tiebreak advantage over the Cardinal will make a No. 1 seed unlikely.

The Cardinal will next head down to southern California to take on San Diego State on Friday at 2 p.m.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is the head copy editor, a sports desk editor and a former Managing Editor of Sports at The Daily. He fills the "Crazy Old Uncle" role at The Daily, occasionally being allowed to throw up football stories and rant-y columns. Do-Hyoung is a junior from Saint Paul, Minnesota studying chemical engineering and computer science. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.