RT @samfisher908: Huge props to @davidcohn4 whose call of the @TyMontgomery2 PR TD won him @NCAAFootball student-radio call of the week htt…: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @DavidMLombardi: Stanford opens as a 4-point favorite over USC: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWSoccer: An incredible firework display after the game tonight. We move to 3-0 on the season. #NerdNation #HomeOpenerThursday h…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWSoccer: Final score: No. 5 @StanfordWSoccer 1, No. 14 Portland 0. Third straight road win over a ranked team!: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal fans have to be pretty happy with Stanford's performance today, even if it was against an FCS opponent.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And that's the ballgame. Stanford routs UC-Davis 45-0.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Crower redeems himself by throwing a strike to Hooper for a 14-yard touchdown. Stanford 45, UC-Davis 0 with 8:22 left in the game: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Ten Stanford players score as lacrosse dismantles UC-Davis

No. 13 Stanford lacrosse (11-2, 5-1 MPSF) followed up a big conference win over Oregon on Friday with its second-highest scoring output of the season in a lopsided 18-6 win over UC-Davis (6-8, 1-6). Eight different Cardinal players scored two goals each to lead a diverse scoring barrage.

(ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

Senior Rachel Ozer (right) was one of eight Cardinal players to score two goals in Stanford’s 18-goal offensive barrage in the team’s second-largest scoring output of the season. (ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

It was a blowout from the beginning, with Stanford capturing a 4-0 lead within the first three minutes of the match and ultimately stretching that lead to 13-5 by the end of the first period. At that point, Stanford had already outshot UC-Davis 23-10 and had scored three straight goals to end the half.

The match ultimately utilized a running clock in the final 26 minutes due to the extent of the blowout, and the Stanford defense still stood firm in the second half, holding the Aggies to just one goal after the break while the offense continued to be productive in scoring five goals with a rotation of players shuffling through.

With the win, Stanford sits in second place in the MPSF behind just Denver, which still boasts a perfect conference record. With the conference tournament quickly approaching in early May, Stanford just needs to win one of its three remaining games to guarantee itself a spot, although Denver’s perfect record and tiebreak advantage over the Cardinal will make a No. 1 seed unlikely.

The Cardinal will next head down to southern California to take on San Diego State on Friday at 2 p.m.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park is the Head Copy Editor at The Stanford Daily. However, his allegiance still lies with the sports section, of which he was at the helm before yielding to a peaceful transition of power to Ashley Westhem. Do-Hyoung is a junior originally from Seoul, South Korea and raised in Saint Paul, Minnesota pursuing a major in chemical engineering. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.