RT @catzdong: Relevant: @Stanford_Daily op-ed by @CoryBooker published in 1992 shortly after the controversial Rodney King verdict http://t…: 9 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
Maya Krishnan '15 and Emily Witt '15 are 2015 Rhodes Scholars! That brings the @Stanford Rhodes count to 114.: 4 days ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @TSDArtsAndLife: John Barton talks to the @Stanford_Daily about Stanford's future "trans-disciplinary" Architectural Design program. htt…: 6 days ago, The Stanford Daily

Stanford alumnus wins Pulitzer Prize in photography

Josh Haner ’02 has been named as the winner of the 2014 Pulitzer Prize in Feature Photography. The award recognizes Haner’s work chronicling the recovery of a Boston Marathon bombing survivor.

Haner, who now works as a staff photographer and as senior editor of photo technology for The New York Times, double majored in Symbolic Systems and Studio Art with an emphasis in photography.

Haner’s photographs, which accompanied Tim Rohan’s Times article, tell the story of Jeff Bauman, whose injuries in the immediate aftermath of the bombing became symbolic of the attack.

About Andrew Vogeley

Andrew Vogeley ‘17 is a sophomore majoring in political science. Andrew hails from the great state of Texas (and he’ll be sure to let you know it) and serves as a news desk editor, covering the different student groups on campus. Besides editing and writing for The Daily, Andrew is President of RUF, a Christian fellowship group. To contact Andrew, email him at avogeley ‘at’ stanford.edu