SI also gave Jordan Richards, Ty Montgomery and Henry Anderson All-America honorable mention.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Peat was earlier announced as an ESPN 1st team, CBS Sports 2nd team, Walter Camp 2nd team All-American.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Accolades for Andrus Peat today: Morris Trophy (Pac-12's top OL), SI 1st team All-American, AP 2nd team All-American.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: #Rivals100 running back Cameron Scarlett just announced his commitment to #Stanford. Major pickup for the Cardinal: htt…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Who else but Penn State would Stanford face in the semis? Teams played five sets in the regional final last year and at Maples in Sept.: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
.@StanfordWVB clinches a Final Four berth, its first since 2008, with a three-set win over Florida. Off to Oklahoma City: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Ogwumike wins 2014 John R. Wooden Award

Senior forward and consensus All-American Chiney Ogwumike was named the recipient of the 2014 John R. Wooden Award on Friday, becoming both the first Stanford player and the first Pac-12 player to receive the honor.

(MIKE KHEIR/The Stanford Daily)

Senior forward Chiney Ogwumike was honored with the 2014 John R. Wooden Award last Friday. She will leave Stanford as the Pac-12’s all-time leading scorer with 2,737 points and rebounder with 1,567 career boards. (MIKE KHEIR/The Stanford Daily)

The Wooden Award has been awarded to the most outstanding player of the season in men’s basketball since 1977 and was extended to women’s basketball in 2004. Ogwumike succeeds Baylor standout Brittney Griner as the recipient of the award.

In addition to the Wooden Award, Ogwumike also earned both the Pac-12 Player of the Year and the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year awards after leading the Stanford team to a 33-4 record and an appearance in the Final Four in her final year on the team. She will add the award to a distinguished résumé after also having been named the Capital One Academic All-American of the Year and Pac-12 Women’s Basketball Scholar-Athlete of the Year.

Ogwumike will depart Stanford as the Pac-12’s all-time leading scorer with 2,737 points and rebounder with 1,567 career boards. Her 967 points this season is also a Pac-12 single-season record.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is the head copy editor, a sports desk editor and a former Managing Editor of Sports at The Daily. He fills the "Crazy Old Uncle" role at The Daily, occasionally being allowed to throw up football stories and rant-y columns. Do-Hyoung is a junior from Saint Paul, Minnesota studying chemical engineering and computer science. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.