79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 15 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Vaculik and Morgan lead women’s gymnastics to NCAA Championships

The No. 10 Stanford women’s gymnastics team used a season-best push at the NCAA Baton Rouge Regional on Saturday to finish in second place in a six-team field and advance to the NCAA Championships for the 14th time in program history and for the seventh time in the last eight years.

Redshirt junior Kristina Vaculik (above)

Redshirt junior Kristina Vaculik (above) set a personal record in the bars event at the NCAA Baton Rouge Regional, scoring 9.950 to anchor the Card’s second-place team performance. (FRANK CHEN/The Stanford Daily)

With the top two teams from the regional advancing, Stanford tied a season high with its score of 197.275 and finished behind just first-place LSU, which tied the best score in the NCAA this year with 198.375.

“It was an outstanding team effort today,” said head coach Kristen Smyth to GoStanford.com. “The team showed grit, they fought for everything and they did a great job of covering each other when they needed to. We are definitely peaking at the right time.”

Senior Kristina Vaculik led the way with a third-place finish in the all-around with a 39.475 to accompany a career-high 9.950 on the bars to tie for the regional title with junior Samantha Shapiro.

Senior Shona Morgan also had a fantastic day, leading off in the vault, beam and floor and emerging with a pair of third-place finishes in the first two while finishing in a tie for ninth place in the floor. Morgan, who was competing in her fourth career NCAA Regional, rounded off a sweep of the top three in bars for the Cardinal with a 9.900 to equal her personal best.

The Cardinal will next compete in the NCAA Championships in Alabama starting on April 18.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is the head copy editor, a sports desk editor and a former Managing Editor of Sports at The Daily. He fills the "Crazy Old Uncle" role at The Daily, occasionally being allowed to throw up football stories and rant-y columns. Do-Hyoung is a junior from Saint Paul, Minnesota studying chemical engineering and computer science. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.