79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Wilson wins Pac-12 Wrestling Freshman of the Year

The Pac-12 announced on Thursday that redshirt freshman Jim Wilson has been named the Pac-12 Wrestling Freshman/Newcomer of the Year after an outstanding campaign in which he helped pace the Cardinal to the most dual wins in a season in school history.

Stanford's Jim Wilson (right) was named the Pac-12 Wrestling Freshman/Newcomer of the Year after a season that saw him compile a 35-8 record. (SAM GIRVIN/The Stanford Daily)

Stanford’s Jim Wilson (right) was named the Pac-12 Wrestling Freshman/Newcomer of the Year after a season that saw him compile a 35-8 record. (SAM GIRVIN/The Stanford Daily)

Wilson finished with a 35-8 overall record, including a Pac-12 title in the 165-pound weight class and a 2-2 showing as the No. 16 seed in his weight class at the NCAA Championships. With his 35 wins, he tied former NCAA champion Matt Gentry ’04 for the second-most wins in a freshman season in program history, while his Pac-12 title made him the first Stanford freshman to win a conference title since 1993.

During the regular season, Wilson at one point owned a 15-match winning streak — the team’s longest streak of the season — while starting all but two meets at 165 pounds.

As a true freshman in 2012-3, Wilson competed unattached at 165 pounds, earning a 15-3 record and a title at the Roadrunner Open while finishing first at the California Collegiate Open.

Contact Do-Hyoung Park at dpark027 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is the head copy editor, a sports desk editor and a former Managing Editor of Sports at The Daily. He fills the "Crazy Old Uncle" role at The Daily, occasionally being allowed to throw up football stories and rant-y columns. Do-Hyoung is a junior from Saint Paul, Minnesota studying chemical engineering and computer science. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.