Police Blotter: Mar. 24 to Apr. 1

This report covers a selection of incidents from Mar. 24 to Apr. 1 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Monday, Mar. 24

• In a “road rage” incident involving two bicyclists, a male cyclist struck a female cyclist, lost his balance and fell. The victim was uninjured. The suspect fled the scene around 8:29 a.m. at Campus Dr. and Electioneer Rd.

Tuesday, Mar. 25

• A cable-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack between 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. behind 74 Barnes Ct.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from outside the front porch of a residence in Escondido Village III, Building 104.
  • A bike reportedly U-locked to itself was stolen from outside the front patio of a residence in Escondido Village III, Building 104.

Wednesday, Mar. 26

• An individual was cited and released at 11:05 a.m. at Stanford Ave. and Junipero Serra Blvd. for driving unlicensed.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail at 2:15 PM at 2600 El Camino Real at Page Mill Road for possession of concentrated cannabis (hash oil) and for being in possession of a medication without a prescription.
  • Plants were stolen from a walkway at the Organic Chemistry Building.
  • Bike wheels were stolen from a locked bike at the Beckman Center for Molecular and Genetic Medicine.

Friday, Mar. 28

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for domestic violence battery between 8:50 p.m. and 9:05 p.m. at Studio 1. A firearm was reportedly used in the attack.
  • An unlocked bike was stolen from Escondido Village II, Building 92. The bike was reportedly stolen from the front door patio area of the victim’s apartment.

Saturday, Mar. 29

• An individual was cited and released at 11:15 a. m. at the 600 block of Junipero Serra Boulevard for driving unlicensed.
  • An iPad was stolen between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. at 295 Galvez St. at Campus Dr. The iPad was stolen when an unknown suspect or suspects entered the victim’s trunk by prying the lock.
  • An individual was cited and released at 4:10 p. m. at the 700 block of Junipero Serra Boulevard for driving on a suspended license.

Tuesday, Apr. 1

• Three individuals were arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail at 4 a.m. at the 300 block of Olmsted Rd. for possession of stolen property and possession of a controlled substance. A stolen vehicle was recovered.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.