RT @samfisher908: Huge props to @davidcohn4 whose call of the @TyMontgomery2 PR TD won him @NCAAFootball student-radio call of the week htt…: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @DavidMLombardi: Stanford opens as a 4-point favorite over USC: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWSoccer: An incredible firework display after the game tonight. We move to 3-0 on the season. #NerdNation #HomeOpenerThursday h…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWSoccer: Final score: No. 5 @StanfordWSoccer 1, No. 14 Portland 0. Third straight road win over a ranked team!: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal fans have to be pretty happy with Stanford's performance today, even if it was against an FCS opponent.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And that's the ballgame. Stanford routs UC-Davis 45-0.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Crower redeems himself by throwing a strike to Hooper for a 14-yard touchdown. Stanford 45, UC-Davis 0 with 8:22 left in the game: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford improves to 11-0 with pair of road wins

The No. 4 Stanford women’s tennis team proved its dominance once more on its first conference road trip of the season, improving to an 11-0 record after blanking No. 27 Utah (10-6, 2-4 Pac-12) and No. 64 Colorado (7-10, 0-6 Pac-12) in back-to-back away matches.

Freshman Taylor Davidson (above) was the fist Cardinal player off the courts in the team's 4-0 win at Utah. (DON FERIA/isiphotos.com)

Freshman Taylor Davidson (above) was the fist Cardinal player off the courts in the team’s 4-0 win at Utah. (DON FERIA/isiphotos.com)

The dominance began Sunday when the Cardinal (11-0, 3-0 Pac-12) played the Utes in Salt Lake City, where they won 4-0 behind the doubles point and singles wins from freshman Taylor Davidson, senior Kristie Ahn and freshman Caroline Doyle. The other three singles matches on courts No. 2, 3 and 5 were abandoned once Stanford reached the requisite four points for a team victory.

The Utah match was Stanford’s first since it crushed No. 42 Washington 7-0 at home on March 14, and the team’s first Pac-12 competition away from Taube Family Tennis Stadium this season.

On Monday the team traveled to Boulder, Colo. for a morning match against the Buffaloes. Despite inclement weather forcing the match indoors, the Cardinal pushed through to earn the doubles point and win all six singles matches in straight sets. For Colorado, Monday’s loss continued a stroke of bad luck that has seen the Buffaloes drop six straight matches.

After freshman Carol Zhao won 6-1, 6-1 on court No. 3 and Ahn triumphed 6-2, 6-1 on court No. one, sophomore Krista Hardebeck sealed the team win on court No. 2 against Winde Janssens with a 7-6 (5), 6-0 victory.

Monday’s match was the seventh time Stanford has blanked its opponent this season, and the team’s 17th consecutive victory, including matches from last year’s NCAA tournament.

The Cardinal will return to action on Friday against Arizona at home. The match begins at 11:30 a.m. at Taube, and will be broadcast on Pac-12 Networks.

Contact Fiona Noonan at fnoonan ‘at’ stanford.edu.