79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Miscues and sloppy passing from Stanford cue another BYU run, and the lead is back to 9 at 68-59 with 6 minutes to go.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford improves to 11-0 with pair of road wins

The No. 4 Stanford women’s tennis team proved its dominance once more on its first conference road trip of the season, improving to an 11-0 record after blanking No. 27 Utah (10-6, 2-4 Pac-12) and No. 64 Colorado (7-10, 0-6 Pac-12) in back-to-back away matches.

Freshman Taylor Davidson (above) was the fist Cardinal player off the courts in the team's 4-0 win at Utah. (DON FERIA/isiphotos.com)

Freshman Taylor Davidson (above) was the fist Cardinal player off the courts in the team’s 4-0 win at Utah. (DON FERIA/isiphotos.com)

The dominance began Sunday when the Cardinal (11-0, 3-0 Pac-12) played the Utes in Salt Lake City, where they won 4-0 behind the doubles point and singles wins from freshman Taylor Davidson, senior Kristie Ahn and freshman Caroline Doyle. The other three singles matches on courts No. 2, 3 and 5 were abandoned once Stanford reached the requisite four points for a team victory.

The Utah match was Stanford’s first since it crushed No. 42 Washington 7-0 at home on March 14, and the team’s first Pac-12 competition away from Taube Family Tennis Stadium this season.

On Monday the team traveled to Boulder, Colo. for a morning match against the Buffaloes. Despite inclement weather forcing the match indoors, the Cardinal pushed through to earn the doubles point and win all six singles matches in straight sets. For Colorado, Monday’s loss continued a stroke of bad luck that has seen the Buffaloes drop six straight matches.

After freshman Carol Zhao won 6-1, 6-1 on court No. 3 and Ahn triumphed 6-2, 6-1 on court No. one, sophomore Krista Hardebeck sealed the team win on court No. 2 against Winde Janssens with a 7-6 (5), 6-0 victory.

Monday’s match was the seventh time Stanford has blanked its opponent this season, and the team’s 17th consecutive victory, including matches from last year’s NCAA tournament.

The Cardinal will return to action on Friday against Arizona at home. The match begins at 11:30 a.m. at Taube, and will be broadcast on Pac-12 Networks.

Contact Fiona Noonan at fnoonan ‘at’ stanford.edu.