Breaking: David Shaw names junior Keller Chryst starting quarterback for Saturday's tilt in Tucson.: 11 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 3 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 3 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 3 days ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Stanford improves to 11-0 with pair of road wins

The No. 4 Stanford women’s tennis team proved its dominance once more on its first conference road trip of the season, improving to an 11-0 record after blanking No. 27 Utah (10-6, 2-4 Pac-12) and No. 64 Colorado (7-10, 0-6 Pac-12) in back-to-back away matches.

Freshman Taylor Davidson (above) was the fist Cardinal player off the courts in the team's 4-0 win at Utah. (DON FERIA/isiphotos.com)

Freshman Taylor Davidson (above) was the fist Cardinal player off the courts in the team’s 4-0 win at Utah. (DON FERIA/isiphotos.com)

The dominance began Sunday when the Cardinal (11-0, 3-0 Pac-12) played the Utes in Salt Lake City, where they won 4-0 behind the doubles point and singles wins from freshman Taylor Davidson, senior Kristie Ahn and freshman Caroline Doyle. The other three singles matches on courts No. 2, 3 and 5 were abandoned once Stanford reached the requisite four points for a team victory.

The Utah match was Stanford’s first since it crushed No. 42 Washington 7-0 at home on March 14, and the team’s first Pac-12 competition away from Taube Family Tennis Stadium this season.

On Monday the team traveled to Boulder, Colo. for a morning match against the Buffaloes. Despite inclement weather forcing the match indoors, the Cardinal pushed through to earn the doubles point and win all six singles matches in straight sets. For Colorado, Monday’s loss continued a stroke of bad luck that has seen the Buffaloes drop six straight matches.

After freshman Carol Zhao won 6-1, 6-1 on court No. 3 and Ahn triumphed 6-2, 6-1 on court No. one, sophomore Krista Hardebeck sealed the team win on court No. 2 against Winde Janssens with a 7-6 (5), 6-0 victory.

Monday’s match was the seventh time Stanford has blanked its opponent this season, and the team’s 17th consecutive victory, including matches from last year’s NCAA tournament.

The Cardinal will return to action on Friday against Arizona at home. The match begins at 11:30 a.m. at Taube, and will be broadcast on Pac-12 Networks.

Contact Fiona Noonan at fnoonan ‘at’ stanford.edu.