RT @jwallach12: Of the 17 teams that went undefeated in the reg. season, only 5 went unbeaten in the tourney to become nat'l champs (most r…: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: This week, @StanfordWVB will look to become the 18th DI team to go undefeated in the regular season since @NCAAVolleyball b…: 7 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @LombardiESPN: Big: Stanford WR Ty Montgomery will NOT play vs UCLA: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @agonzalezAP: Stanford coach David Shaw said Ty Montgomery out for UCLA. Said after Cal game it was a right shoulder sprain.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer offside to end regular time, we're headed to golden goal and extra time: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer earns a corner on the counter: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Another Stanford header off of a corner goes wide: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford improves to 11-0 with pair of road wins

The No. 4 Stanford women’s tennis team proved its dominance once more on its first conference road trip of the season, improving to an 11-0 record after blanking No. 27 Utah (10-6, 2-4 Pac-12) and No. 64 Colorado (7-10, 0-6 Pac-12) in back-to-back away matches.

Freshman Taylor Davidson (above) was the fist Cardinal player off the courts in the team's 4-0 win at Utah. (DON FERIA/isiphotos.com)

Freshman Taylor Davidson (above) was the fist Cardinal player off the courts in the team’s 4-0 win at Utah. (DON FERIA/isiphotos.com)

The dominance began Sunday when the Cardinal (11-0, 3-0 Pac-12) played the Utes in Salt Lake City, where they won 4-0 behind the doubles point and singles wins from freshman Taylor Davidson, senior Kristie Ahn and freshman Caroline Doyle. The other three singles matches on courts No. 2, 3 and 5 were abandoned once Stanford reached the requisite four points for a team victory.

The Utah match was Stanford’s first since it crushed No. 42 Washington 7-0 at home on March 14, and the team’s first Pac-12 competition away from Taube Family Tennis Stadium this season.

On Monday the team traveled to Boulder, Colo. for a morning match against the Buffaloes. Despite inclement weather forcing the match indoors, the Cardinal pushed through to earn the doubles point and win all six singles matches in straight sets. For Colorado, Monday’s loss continued a stroke of bad luck that has seen the Buffaloes drop six straight matches.

After freshman Carol Zhao won 6-1, 6-1 on court No. 3 and Ahn triumphed 6-2, 6-1 on court No. one, sophomore Krista Hardebeck sealed the team win on court No. 2 against Winde Janssens with a 7-6 (5), 6-0 victory.

Monday’s match was the seventh time Stanford has blanked its opponent this season, and the team’s 17th consecutive victory, including matches from last year’s NCAA tournament.

The Cardinal will return to action on Friday against Arizona at home. The match begins at 11:30 a.m. at Taube, and will be broadcast on Pac-12 Networks.

Contact Fiona Noonan at fnoonan ‘at’ stanford.edu.