Dwight Powell on SportsCenter now as the "other piece" of the Rondo trade: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
ICYMI, Dwight Powell was traded from the Celtics to the Mavs as part of the Rajon Rondo deal yesterday.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford women’s basketball shines in Pac-12 awards

For the second straight year, senior forward Chiney Ogwumike swept the individual Pac-12 awards, receiving both the Player of the Year and Defensive Player of the Year honors. This is her third consecutive defensive award. The National Player of the Year candidate was also named to the All-Pac-12 Team during all four of her seasons on the Farm. Ogwumike is the only player to rank in the NCAA’s top 10 in scoring (27 points per game), rebounding (12.1 rebounds per game), field goal percentage (62.2) and double-doubles (22). In addition, she has posted thirteen 30-point games and has averaged 25 points and 12.6 rebounds over nine games against top-25 opponents this season.

Tara

Head coach Tara VanDerveer, who became just the fifth Division I women’s basketball coach to win her 900th game, earned her fourth consecutive Pac-12 Coach of the Year award. (BOB DREBIN/stanfordphoto.com)

Fifth-year senior Mikaela Ruef was also recognized, earning the first all-conference honor of her career with an All-Pac-12 honorable mention. Junior point guard Amber Orrange made it onto the All-Pac-12 Team for the second straight season and also was an All-Defensive Team honorable mention. Guard Lili Thompson was recognized on the All-Freshman Team, while guard Karlie Samuelson made All-Freshman honorable mention.

Head coach Tara VanDerveer won Pac-12 Coach of the Year for the fourth straight season. VanDerveer reached a milestone this season, as she captured her 900th win in November — becoming just the fifth Division I women’s basketball coach to do so.

Contact Ashley Westhem at awesthem ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Ashley Westhem

Ashley Westhem is the voice of Stanford women’s basketball for KZSU as well as The Daily’s beat writer for the team and aids in KZSU’s coverage of football. She has been a desk editor for three volumes and now serves as Managing Editor of Sports. She is an American Studies major from Lake Tahoe, Calif., and aspires to work in sports administration, to positively affect the lives of student-athletes and the relationship between the athletic and academic spheres of universities.