Breaking News

RT @KeithHennessey: @Stanford makes a great pick: @RichardEngel for commencement speaker.: 5 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @McFaul: Congrats @RichardEngel on being selected as the 2015 commencement speaker @Stanford ! See you in June.: 5 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @vrjbndr: Stanford 2015 Commencement speaker is @RichardEngel! Very excited.: 5 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
Richard Engel, the chief foreign news correspondent for NBC, chosen to deliver Class of 2015 Commencement speech.: 6 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
RT @TSDArtsAndLife: Director Ken Savage talks about much-anticipated musical "Hairspray" and the representation of minorities in theatre ht…: 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily

Stanford partners with French library to create digital archive

In partnership with the Bibliothèque nationale de France (BnF), Stanford recently announced the release of 14,000 high-resolution images and documents through the new French Revolution Digital Archive.

The project—led on the Stanford end by University librarian Michael Keller, Professor of French Dan Edelstein and Special Projects Director John Haeger—digitized images and documents from two main sources: the “Archives parlementaires” and the “Images de la Revolution francaise”.

According to the project’s website, the archive arose out of an “expressed need by scholars of the French Revolution to gain greater and more flexible access to their sources.”

The database will allow scholars to search the images and documents by theme, while placing the result in a timeline that shows the context in which the document or image was created.

About Andrew Vogeley

Andrew Vogeley ‘17 is a sophomore majoring in political science. Andrew hails from the great state of Texas (and he’ll be sure to let you know it) and serves as a news desk editor, covering the different student groups on campus. Besides editing and writing for The Daily, Andrew is President of RUF, a Christian fellowship group. To contact Andrew, email him at avogeley ‘at’ stanford.edu