Police Blotter: Feb. 9 to Feb. 18

This report covers a selection of incidents from Feb. 9 to Feb. 18 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Sunday, Feb. 9

• A student reported that another student may have been drugged and raped in a residence on the 1000 block of Campus Dr. on Feb. 8 or Feb. 9.

Monday, Feb. 10

• A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside Stern Hall, Twain North, between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.

Tuesday, Feb. 11

• A suspicious tote bag was found unattended in a newspaper rack located at Tresidder Memorial Union at 8:55 p.m. It was determined that the contents of the bag were not an improvised explosive device and that there was no danger to the public.

Wednesday, Feb. 12

• An individual was cited and released for driving without a driver’s license at Santa Teresa St. and Samuel Morris Way at 2:20 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects smashed a window of the victim’s car and stole a laptop, iPhone and other items at the Track House at the Angell Field and Visitor Center.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects pried the window screen off the victim’s bedroom window, and then the suspect entered and stole a camera and an Amazon Kindle at Building 26 of the Rains Complex between 12:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for petty theft (shoplifting) at the Stanford Bookstore at 6:10 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 13

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for possession of a controlled substance, possession of methamphetamine and for being under the influence at 825 El Camino Real at 2:35 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being in possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at 825 El Camino Real at 2:32 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 15

• A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the outside walkway near Serra in Stern Hall between Feb. 14 and Feb. 15.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at Roble Hall at 3:00 a.m.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at Arguello Dr. and Campus Dr. East between 4:45 a.m. and 4:57 a.m.
  • A male individual was seen stealing kegs outside Kappa Alpha House, but when the authorities arrived, the suspect had left the kegs behind, and the victim did not want to press charges. The incident occurred at 2:00 a.m.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for possession of a controlled substance (methamphetamine), possession of paraphernalia and for violating parole at Meyer Library at 7:30 a.m.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for being a minor in possession of alcohol at Santa Teresa St. and Lomita Dr. at 12:00 a.m.

Sunday, Feb. 16

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for public intoxication at 82 Olmsted Rd. and Serra St. at 2:50 a.m.
  • An unlocked bike was stolen from outside Building 550 between 1:30 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Tuesday, Feb. 18

• A golf cart was stolen at Wilbur Way and 658 Escondido Rd. at 4:24 p.m.
  • An unlocked was stolen at the Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center between 2:00 p.m. and 2:40 p.m.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ Stanford ‘dot’ edu.