RT @StanfordWTennis: .@CarolZhao95 is moving on at the @BOTWClassic! With Zhao leading 6-2, 1-0, @wickytennis retires and the match is done…: 3 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Upset alert at Bank of the West Classic: rising Stanford sophomore Carol Zhao takes 1st set against world's No. 65 player, Yanina Wickmayer.: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
#FullbackU RT @RWilliams_6: I am very blessed and honored to announce my commitment to STANFORD UNIVERSITY. #GoCardinal 🌲🌲🌲: 5 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @TyGaff: Sincere appreciation to @Panthers nation for the support and love. I couldn't have asked for anything more given my injury. Tha…: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Tyler Gaffney's path: minor-league baseball->1,700-yard 2013->NFL Draft->season-ending injury->waiver wire pickup while hurt. All in 2 yrs.: 23 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @AdamSchefter: Patriots claimed former Panthers rookie RB Tyler Gaffney on waivers today after Carolina tried to sneak him through waive…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Aaron Bright to transfer to St. Mary’s

Two months removed from a season-ending injury that prevented him from completing his senior season with the Cardinal basketball team, guard Aaron Bright announced on Monday that he will be transferring to Saint Mary’s College after his graduation from Stanford in June.

Cardinal senior guard Aaron Bright (right), who has missed most of this season with an injury, will transfer to St. Mary's next year for his final season of eligibility. (ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

Cardinal senior guard Aaron Bright (right), who has missed most of this season with an injury, will transfer to St. Mary’s next year for his final season of eligibility. (ZETONG LI/The Stanford Daily)

Bright is eligible to use a medical redshirt for this season to extend his eligibility. He played only seven games before dislocating his shoulder in practice and electing to undergo season-ending surgery. In those seven contests, he averaged 5.9 points and 2.3 assists per game.

The senior will likely start at guard for the Gaels next season after taking advantage of the NCAA’s graduate transfer rule, which allows for players who complete their undergraduate degree at an institution before their eligibility ends to transfer to another school and play immediately instead of sitting out a year.

Although it had been known since his injury that he would likely transfer from Stanford, Bright hadn’t announced his decision to relocate to Moraga, Calif. after the conclusion of his undergraduate degree until Monday. Bright, the MVP of the 2012 NIT, will leave Stanford as the program’s 10th-place all-time rebounder with his career total of 316.

Contact Do-Hyoung Park at dpark027 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park is the Head Copy Editor at The Stanford Daily. Even though he is finally able to get into R-rated movies now, he instead chooses to spend his time writing half the sports section every week. Do-Hyoung is a sophomore originally from Seoul, South Korea and raised in Saint Paul, Minnesota pursuing a major in chemical engineering. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.
  • Candid One

Best of luck, Aaron! You definitely have been missed this season.