RT @StanfordSports: Our recap of Stanford's 45-0 win. Key takeways: McCaffrey has a bright future and the O-line still needs to gel http://…: 1 day ago, The Stanford Daily

Large police presence outside of Bookstore in response to two incidents

A large group of police and emergency vehicles converged on the Stanford Bookstore on Thursday evening in response to two separate incidents.

According to Stanford University Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) patrol officer Harris Kuhn, officers on the scene — including paramedics, firemen and Hope, SUDPS’s new police dog — had primarily responded to a “tier-2 medical emergency.” Kuhn declined to elaborate further on the nature of the emergency, citing patient confidentiality.

Around the same time, officers also responded to a 911 call regarding an unrelated shoplifting incident at the bookstore. Bookstore staff declined further comment.

About Nitish Kulkarni

Nitish is a Deputy Desk Editor at The Stanford Daily. He is a sophomore majoring in Mechanical Engineering, and he is interested in writing about technology and research.