Police Blotter: Feb. 4 to Feb. 10

This report covers a selection of incidents from Feb. 4 to Feb. 10 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Tuesday, Feb. 4

• A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen outside Building 380 between 11:00 a.m. and 4 p.m.
  • An unlocked bike was stolen from the bike parking area of Manzanita Dining Commons between 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
  • A possibly unlocked department bike was stolen from the bike rack at Encina Commons on Crothers Way between Friday, Jan. 10, and Tuesday, Feb. 4.

Wednesday, Feb. 5

• An unlocked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside the Packard Electrical Engineering Building between 9:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
  • An unlocked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside of Pigott Hall (Building 260) between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
  • A cable-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside the Class of 1968 Building between 1:30 p.m. and 4:10 p.m.
  • A chain-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside the Arrillaga Family Sports Center at 657 Campus Dr. between 9:00 p.m. and 10:45 p.m.

Thursday, Feb. 6

• A stolen vehicle—originally reported stolen in Redwood City—was recovered at the intersection of Arboretum Rd. and Lasuen St. at 2:48 a.m.

Friday, Feb. 7

• A vehicle was stolen at Arboretum Rd. and Lasuen St. between 7:15 a.m. and 4:20 p.m.
  • A reported vandalism occurred at the Bioengineering/Chemical Engineering Building. An unknown suspect or suspects discharged a fire extinguisher into a conference room and then fled the area. The vandalism occurred between 11:00 a.m. and 11:20 a.m.
  • An individual was transported from Junipero Serra Blvd. to the San Jose Main Jail and booked on an outstanding warrant out of the San Jose Police Department at 2:25 p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 8

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail on suspicion of burglary for burglarizing the Stanford Bookstore between 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m.

Monday, Feb. 10

• A laptop and headphones were stolen during a burglary at a residence in Escondido Village I, Building 52, that occurred between 10:00 a.m. and 6:45 p.m.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.

About Caleb Smith

Caleb Smith '17 is a staff writer from Oakland, California and is planning on majoring in public policy. He specializes in public safety and university issues but does not discriminate against other articles. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Co-director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.
  • Curious

Ever notice that bikes are always “reportedly” U-locked if there’s a U-lock involved? But if it was chain-locked or cable-locked, the was “chain-locked” or “cable-locked.”