Over the 5-game win streak in the Big Game, Stanford has outscored Cal 201-75.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
None of Stanford's seniors will leave this school ever having lost the Big Game. Fifth straight claim to the Axe for your Cardinal.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford is bowl-eligible with its sixth win of the season!: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And it's a final from California Memorial Stadium - Stanford 38, Cal 17 in the 117th Big Game.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's a senior victory formation for this Big Game - Eddie Plantaric, Ricky Seale, Jeff Trojan among the seniors out there.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will just take knees to end the game instead of running up the score.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
There's turnover number 5 - an easy pick by Terrence Alexander. Almost a pick 6, but knocked out of bounds at the 4.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gautam Krishnamurthi got in on that last drive for his final Big Game!: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Lasco hits the perimeter and rolls in for the garbage-time touchdown. It's now a 38-17 ballgame.: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Eight Cardinal players invited to NFL Combine; new running backs, strength and conditioning coaches hired

The Stanford football team will be well-represented at the 2014 NFL Scouting Combine, with eight players receiving invitations to display their skills for scouts as potential draftees in the 2014 NFL Draft.

Fifth-year senior Josh Mauro (above) will perform for NFL scouts at the Scouting Combine in hopes of improving his draft stock. (SAM GIRVIN/The Stanford Daily)

Offensive tackle Cameron Fleming, running back Tyler Gaffney, fullback Ryan Hewitt, defensive end Josh Mauro, outside linebacker Trent Murphy, free safety Ed Reynolds, inside linebacker Shayne Skov and offensive guard David Yankey will represent Stanford at the Combine, which will be held from Feb. 22-25 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

Stanford has the highest number of invites among Pac-12 teams, ahead of the seven invitations for USC players and six for Oregon players. This will be the largest representation for Stanford at the Combine since 2003, when it sent seven players.

According to CoachingSearch.com, Stanford has filled the void at running backs coach with Carolina Panthers assistant wide receiver coach Lance Taylor. Taylor previously worked with current Stanford offensive coordinator Mike Bloomgren in the New York Jets’ organization. Taylor replaces Tavita Pritchard, who moved to quarterbacks coach after Mike Sanford was hired by Boise State.

On Friday, it was announced that Ryan Cidzik, the Director of Strength and Conditioning for Football and Outdoor Sports at Columbia University, had been hired by Stanford to serve as a sports performance coach under strength and conditioning coach Shannon Turley. Cidzik will replace Bill Hughan, who departed Stanford after just one year. Hughan will become the Director of Football Sports Performance at Vanderbilt under new head coach Derek Mason.

Update: On Feb. 12, the team confirmed that Taylor would take over as running backs coach.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is the head copy editor and a sports desk editor at The Daily. He has previously served as the Vol. 245 Managing Editor of Sports and primarily writes football, women's soccer and columns that he's pretty sure nobody reads except for him. Do-Hyoung is a junior originally from Seoul, South Korea and raised in Saint Paul, Minnesota pursuing a major in chemical engineering. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.