79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Eight Cardinal players invited to NFL Combine; new running backs, strength and conditioning coaches hired

The Stanford football team will be well-represented at the 2014 NFL Scouting Combine, with eight players receiving invitations to display their skills for scouts as potential draftees in the 2014 NFL Draft.

Fifth-year senior Josh Mauro (above) will perform for NFL scouts at the Scouting Combine in hopes of improving his draft stock. (SAM GIRVIN/The Stanford Daily)

Offensive tackle Cameron Fleming, running back Tyler Gaffney, fullback Ryan Hewitt, defensive end Josh Mauro, outside linebacker Trent Murphy, free safety Ed Reynolds, inside linebacker Shayne Skov and offensive guard David Yankey will represent Stanford at the Combine, which will be held from Feb. 22-25 at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.

Stanford has the highest number of invites among Pac-12 teams, ahead of the seven invitations for USC players and six for Oregon players. This will be the largest representation for Stanford at the Combine since 2003, when it sent seven players.

According to CoachingSearch.com, Stanford has filled the void at running backs coach with Carolina Panthers assistant wide receiver coach Lance Taylor. Taylor previously worked with current Stanford offensive coordinator Mike Bloomgren in the New York Jets’ organization. Taylor replaces Tavita Pritchard, who moved to quarterbacks coach after Mike Sanford was hired by Boise State.

On Friday, it was announced that Ryan Cidzik, the Director of Strength and Conditioning for Football and Outdoor Sports at Columbia University, had been hired by Stanford to serve as a sports performance coach under strength and conditioning coach Shannon Turley. Cidzik will replace Bill Hughan, who departed Stanford after just one year. Hughan will become the Director of Football Sports Performance at Vanderbilt under new head coach Derek Mason.

Update: On Feb. 12, the team confirmed that Taylor would take over as running backs coach.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is the head copy editor, a sports desk editor and a former Managing Editor of Sports at The Daily. He fills the "Crazy Old Uncle" role at The Daily, occasionally being allowed to throw up football stories and rant-y columns. Do-Hyoung is a junior from Saint Paul, Minnesota studying chemical engineering and computer science. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.