Police Blotter: Jan. 27 to Feb. 3

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 27 to Feb. 4 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Monday, Jan. 27

• A victim’s unlocked bike was stolen outside Larkin North at Stern Hall.

Tuesday, Jan. 28

• A bike was stolen at a bike rack located outside the School of Education between 1:00 p.m. and 4:05 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s iPhone from a unisex bathroom in Old Union between 4:50 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

Wednesday, Jan. 29

• An unknown suspect or suspects entered the victims’ unlocked residence and stole electronic items and jewelry from an upstairs bedroom at Escondido Village II, Building 77, between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. One of the victims was home but did not encounter or see the suspect or suspects.

Thursday, Jan. 30

• A chain-locked bike was stolen at the Gates Computer Science Building between 11:00 a.m. and 12:15 p.m.
  • The glass portion of an exterior entry door to Crothers Memorial Hall was broken by unknown means at or before 7:40 p.m.  The incident was classified as vandalism.

Friday, Jan. 31

• A cable-locked bike was stolen at 320 Serra Mall between 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside Studio 2 sometime between Jan. 31 and Feb. 2.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for Biking Under the Influence (BUI) and evading a peace officer at Mayfield Avenue and Lane W at 4:38 a.m.

Saturday, Feb. 1

• An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for trespassing at Meyer Library at 9:05 a.m.
  • A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack near Escondido IV Highrise Quillen.

Sunday, Feb. 2

• An individual was cited and released for driving with a suspended driver’s license at Arboretum Road and Palm Drive at 2:45 p.m.

Monday, Feb. 3

• An unlocked bike was stolen outside the Astrophysics Building between 4:00 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.

Tuesday, Feb. 3

• A vehicle was stolen at Maples Pavilion between 6:10 a.m. and 3:45 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects burglarized the victim’s apartment, cutting the window screen and stealing a digital camera, a laptop and an iPod at Escondido Village III, Building 99, between 11:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects entered a victim’s residence through a kitchen window and stole two laptops, a digital camera and currency.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects committed a burglary when they entered the victim’s residence through a kitchen window and stole two laptops, a digital camera and currency at Escondido Village II, Building 67, between 10:45 a.m. and 6:45 p.m.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford ‘dot’ edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.