79-77 is your final from Provo after a furious comeback falls barely short at the end. Card get No. 9 Texas in Austin next. Tough draw.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card looked sloppy and lost at times, but this team's resiliency is really something else. Just won't go away easily.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford and Randle got the looks that they wanted at the end, and the shots just didn't fall. That happens, not much you can do about that.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card get the ball back down 79-77 with 4.8 to go, and Randle misses the buzzer-beater. BYU wins by that final score.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle misses the long 3 on a clean look. Stanford will get the ball back with a chance.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Travel. Stanford down 2, gets the ball back and can kill the clock.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Randle with the clutch 3! We have a two-point game, 79-77 with just under a minute to go. ESPNU. Don't miss this ending.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Two forced turnovers later, it's back to a 77-72 game. Stanford doing whatever it can to stick around.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford playing sloppy ball, BYU playing clean, foul-free ball on the other end. It's 72-59 Cougars, who have opened it up with 5 to play.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Men’s, women’s swimming host Arizona schools

Avery Aquatic Center will play host to a doubleheader of dual meets this weekend when Arizona and Arizona State visit the farm to do battle with Stanford’s pair of undefeated teams.

Junior David Nolan (left) was named the Philip Hunsaker Men’s Division I Swimmer of the Week after winning four events in last week's dominant win against Pacific. (LARRY GE/The Stanford Daily)

Junior David Nolan (left) was named the Philip Hunsaker Men’s Division I Swimmer of the Week after winning four events in last week’s dominant win against Pacific. (LARRY GE/The Stanford Daily)

The No. 11 men’s team (3-0, 0-0 Pac-12) will open its conference season against No. 5 Arizona (1-2, 0-2) and Arizona State (1-3, 0-2), and the No. 2 women’s team (5-0, 2-0) will take to the pool for the first time in 2014 against No. 10 Arizona’s (4-1, 2-1) and Arizona State’s (2-4, 1-3) women as both Cardinal squads will aim to continue strong starts to their seasons.

Last season, the men’s team defeated both Arizona State and Arizona on the road — the latter of which was a big upset victory for the Cardinal over the top-ranked Wildcats.

“Arizona has one of the most complete teams in the nation,” head coach Ted Knapp told GoStanford.com. “They have both quality and depth in almost all events, which also speaks well to their strength in relays. They also have a great diver that will match up well with our diving corps.”

The men have plenty of momentum to build on after they dismantled Pacific in their first dual meet of the season two weekends ago, a very strong showing in which they posted the fastest time in every event. Junior David Nolan was named the Philip Hunsaker Men’s Division I Swimmer of the Week for his efforts in the win, in which he collected two individual victories and contributed to two relay victories.

Meanwhile, the women have looked strong all season long but are coming off of a victory against Texas in which they struggled early before rebounding to win in the final event. The Cardinal is led by seniors Felicia Lee and Maya DiRado, who own the team’s fastest times in three events each, along with junior sprinter Maddy Schaefer, who is currently tied for the nation’s best time in the 50-yard freestyle with Wildcats senior Margo Geer. That race in this weekend’s event will pit two of the premier sprinters in the country against each other.

The coed meets against Arizona and Arizona State will take place on Saturday at 2 p.m. and Sunday at noon, respectively, with the women going first in each event and alternating with the men.

Contact Do-Hyoung Park at dpark027 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16 is the head copy editor, a sports desk editor and a former Managing Editor of Sports at The Daily. He fills the "Crazy Old Uncle" role at The Daily, occasionally being allowed to throw up football stories and rant-y columns. Do-Hyoung is a junior from Saint Paul, Minnesota studying chemical engineering and computer science. To contact him, please email him at dpark027 'at' stanford.edu.