Police Blotter: Dec. 5-Jan.7

This report covers a selection of incidents from Dec. 5, 2013 to Jan. 7, 2014 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, as well as a previously unrecorded incidents from November.

Thursday, Dec. 5

At an unknown time, following an unknown level of alcohol consumption at a Halloween party, a female student accepted a ride from a male student she knew. The victim reports that the male student sexually assaulted her inside a student residence. The incident was reported to the Stanford Department of Public Safety on Dec. 5.

Saturday, Dec. 7

An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at Kappa Sigma House at 11:55 p.m.

Sunday, Dec. 8

An individual at the Avery Aquatic Center damaged an awning by jumping on it before jumping into the pool between 4:55 p.m. and 5:05 p.m. The individual and his father agreed to pay for the damage.

A golf cart was stolen near Roble Hall between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. The golf cart was recovered the following day.

Friday, Dec. 13

An unknown suspect using Snapchat harassed the victim with electronic messages and threatened to post nude pictures of her.

Tuesday, Dec. 17

An individual was cited and released for assault and battery when the individual threw a lit cigarette at the victim when the victim was in her car in Parking Structure 1 at 5:35 p.m.

Wednesday, Dec. 18

An individual was arrested and booked at the San Jose County Main Jail for allegedly burglarizing the Stanford Bookstore between 9:45 a.m. and 10:15 a.m.

Friday, Dec. 20

An individual was cited and released for shoplifting at the Stanford Bookstore between 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.

Wednesday, Jan. 1

An individual was cited and released for possession of a controlled substance (marijuana) at the intersection of El Camino Real and Quarry Road at 2:45 p.m.

Friday, Jan. 3

An individual was cited and released for possession of a prescription drug without a prescription at the Stanford Service Station at 2:40 p.m. The individual was allegedly in possession of Oxycotin.

Tuesday, Jan. 7

Between 3:00 p.m. on Jan. 6 and 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 7, an unknown suspect or suspects committed vandalism in the Durand Building when they appeared to have squirted yellow mustard throughout the fourth floor hallway, men’s restroom and a small kitchen.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.