RT @StanfordFH: What a comeback by the Card! After going down 2-0, Stanford rallies for 3 unanswered goals to get the W! #GoStanford: 12 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
.@StanfordWVB sweeps Minnesota to cap off a 2-0 opening weekend. Big tests next week vs. current No. 1 PSU and No. 8 Ill. at State College: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford block coming up big today: 5 in the 1st, 5 in the 2nd set so far. Card up 19-17 in the second set, up 1-0 in the match.: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Langsdorf's header is saved and that'll do it. Santa Barbara defeats @StanfordMSoccer 1-0.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Bashti has a header go just wide. Only a minute left.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Aaron Kovar signs with Seattle Sounders F.C.

Sophomore winger Aaron Kovar will leave Stanford and sign a homegrown player contract with Seattle Sounders F.C. of Major League Soccer. Kovar played with the Sounders’ youth team from 2010 to 2012 and won the Gatorade 2011 Player of the Year for Washington in his time at Garfield High School.

In his freshman year at Stanford, Kovar earned the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year award after notching three goals and two assists in his 15 appearances — 12 of which were starts.

This past season, Kovar was named All-Pac-12 honorable mention and started all 21 matches, notching two goals and six assists on the season. In the last regular-season match against Cal, Kovar scored the game-winning goal in overtime after dribbling by several Cal defenders and slotting the ball into the lower right corner of the net to seal the Cardinal’s spot in the postseason. He also assisted on the only goal in Stanford’s 1-0 victory over Cal State Northridge in the second round of the playoffs.

About Michael Peterson

Michael Peterson is a senior staff writer at The Stanford Daily. He has served as a beat reporter for football, baseball and men’s soccer and also does play-by-play broadcasting of football and baseball for KZSU. Michael is a senior from Rancho Santa Margarita, California majoring in computer science. To contact him, please email him at mrpeters ‘at’ stanford.edu.