RT @StanfordWVB: .@StanfordWVB (18-0) off to its best start to a season since 1994 (20-0), led today by Morgan Boukather's career high 18 k…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@andi_mcc @MsIngaSpoke @BlockInTheBack Thanks a lot. Never got sent quotes from last night's presser for some reason.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford drops to 4-3, the first time the Cardinal have three regular-season losses since 2009.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will fall out of the AP top-25 poll for the first time in 73 weeks.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona State 26, Stanford 10, final.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan's 4th and 10 jump ball to Montgomery falls short, and that's going to do it.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3rd and 10 with the game on the line... and why is Montgomery not out there?: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
This drive again a reminder that Stanford is not a team that plays from behind. This two-minute drill is kind of atrocious.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Aaron Kovar signs with Seattle Sounders F.C.

Sophomore winger Aaron Kovar will leave Stanford and sign a homegrown player contract with Seattle Sounders F.C. of Major League Soccer. Kovar played with the Sounders’ youth team from 2010 to 2012 and won the Gatorade 2011 Player of the Year for Washington in his time at Garfield High School.

In his freshman year at Stanford, Kovar earned the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year award after notching three goals and two assists in his 15 appearances — 12 of which were starts.

This past season, Kovar was named All-Pac-12 honorable mention and started all 21 matches, notching two goals and six assists on the season. In the last regular-season match against Cal, Kovar scored the game-winning goal in overtime after dribbling by several Cal defenders and slotting the ball into the lower right corner of the net to seal the Cardinal’s spot in the postseason. He also assisted on the only goal in Stanford’s 1-0 victory over Cal State Northridge in the second round of the playoffs.

About Michael Peterson

Michael Peterson is the football editor at The Stanford Daily. He has served as a beat reporter for football, baseball and men’s soccer and also does play-by-play broadcasting of baseball and men’s soccer for KZSU. Michael is a sophomore from Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif. majoring in computer science. To contact him, please email him at mrpeters ‘at’ stanford.edu.