Shaw: No-call on Owusu hit was "questionable": 22 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
In the span of 25 seconds, Stanford scores 13 points to win the game. Cardinal escape a tough one in the Rose Bowl, 22-13.: 22 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
It's Hail Mary time in Pasadena.: 23 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Ten seconds left, UCLA needs 25 yards for a field goal attempt.: 23 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford leads 16-13, UCLA has 24 seconds to break their eight game losing streak to the Cardinal.: 23 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Arcega-Whiteside had no catches before this game. Huge day is an understatement.: 23 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
First and goal Stanford with 29 seconds remaining. Let's see which team wants it more.: 23 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Another catch for Arcega-Whiteside, who is now Stanford's second leading reciver: 23 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Trenton Irwin has 20 more yards than the rest of Stanford combined.: 23 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford gets the stop. Cardinal have 2:05, no timeouts, need a touchdown.: 23 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Aaron Kovar signs with Seattle Sounders F.C.

Sophomore winger Aaron Kovar will leave Stanford and sign a homegrown player contract with Seattle Sounders F.C. of Major League Soccer. Kovar played with the Sounders’ youth team from 2010 to 2012 and won the Gatorade 2011 Player of the Year for Washington in his time at Garfield High School.

In his freshman year at Stanford, Kovar earned the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year award after notching three goals and two assists in his 15 appearances — 12 of which were starts.

This past season, Kovar was named All-Pac-12 honorable mention and started all 21 matches, notching two goals and six assists on the season. In the last regular-season match against Cal, Kovar scored the game-winning goal in overtime after dribbling by several Cal defenders and slotting the ball into the lower right corner of the net to seal the Cardinal’s spot in the postseason. He also assisted on the only goal in Stanford’s 1-0 victory over Cal State Northridge in the second round of the playoffs.

About Michael Peterson

Michael Peterson is a senior staff writer at The Stanford Daily. He has served as a beat reporter for football, baseball and men’s soccer and also does play-by-play broadcasting of football and baseball for KZSU. Michael is a senior from Rancho Santa Margarita, California majoring in computer science. To contact him, please email him at mrpeters ‘at’ stanford.edu.