SI also gave Jordan Richards, Ty Montgomery and Henry Anderson All-America honorable mention.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Peat was earlier announced as an ESPN 1st team, CBS Sports 2nd team, Walter Camp 2nd team All-American.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Accolades for Andrus Peat today: Morris Trophy (Pac-12's top OL), SI 1st team All-American, AP 2nd team All-American.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: #Rivals100 running back Cameron Scarlett just announced his commitment to #Stanford. Major pickup for the Cardinal: htt…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Who else but Penn State would Stanford face in the semis? Teams played five sets in the regional final last year and at Maples in Sept.: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
.@StanfordWVB clinches a Final Four berth, its first since 2008, with a three-set win over Florida. Off to Oklahoma City: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Aaron Kovar signs with Seattle Sounders F.C.

Sophomore winger Aaron Kovar will leave Stanford and sign a homegrown player contract with Seattle Sounders F.C. of Major League Soccer. Kovar played with the Sounders’ youth team from 2010 to 2012 and won the Gatorade 2011 Player of the Year for Washington in his time at Garfield High School.

In his freshman year at Stanford, Kovar earned the Pac-12 Freshman of the Year award after notching three goals and two assists in his 15 appearances — 12 of which were starts.

This past season, Kovar was named All-Pac-12 honorable mention and started all 21 matches, notching two goals and six assists on the season. In the last regular-season match against Cal, Kovar scored the game-winning goal in overtime after dribbling by several Cal defenders and slotting the ball into the lower right corner of the net to seal the Cardinal’s spot in the postseason. He also assisted on the only goal in Stanford’s 1-0 victory over Cal State Northridge in the second round of the playoffs.

About Michael Peterson

Michael Peterson is the football editor at The Stanford Daily. He has served as a beat reporter for football, baseball and men’s soccer and also does play-by-play broadcasting of baseball and men’s soccer for KZSU. Michael is a sophomore from Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif. majoring in computer science. To contact him, please email him at mrpeters ‘at’ stanford.edu.