Shaw: No-call on Owusu hit was "questionable": 20 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
In the span of 25 seconds, Stanford scores 13 points to win the game. Cardinal escape a tough one in the Rose Bowl, 22-13.: 21 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
It's Hail Mary time in Pasadena.: 21 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Ten seconds left, UCLA needs 25 yards for a field goal attempt.: 21 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford leads 16-13, UCLA has 24 seconds to break their eight game losing streak to the Cardinal.: 21 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Arcega-Whiteside had no catches before this game. Huge day is an understatement.: 21 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
First and goal Stanford with 29 seconds remaining. Let's see which team wants it more.: 21 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Another catch for Arcega-Whiteside, who is now Stanford's second leading reciver: 21 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Trenton Irwin has 20 more yards than the rest of Stanford combined.: 21 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford gets the stop. Cardinal have 2:05, no timeouts, need a touchdown.: 21 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Murphy, Montgomery and Yankey named Walter Camp All-Americans

Fifth-year senior linebacker Trent Murphy, junior receiver and kick returner Ty Montgomery and senior guard David Yankey were named to the Walter Camp Football Foundation All-America first team on Thursday.

Trent Murphy (93) leads the nation with 14 sacks, 1½ more than any other player. (Jim Shorin/Stanfordphoto.com)

Trent Murphy (93) leads the nation with 14 sacks, 1½ more than any other player. (JIM SHORIN/Stanfordphoto.com)

On the season, Murphy leads the nation in sacks with 14 to go along with 58 tackles, 21½ tackles for loss and an interception returned for a touchdown. Montgomery ranks first in the nation with 31.2 yards per kick return, including two return touchdowns, and recorded 10 receiving touchdowns. Also a consensus All-American in 2012, Yankey led a bruising offensive line that paved the way for senior running back Tyler Gaffney to rush for 1618 yards, second most in a season in Stanford history.

The three players join Zach Ertz ’13 (2012), David Decastro ’12 (2011), Andrew Luck ’12 (2011), Jonathan Martin ’12 (2011) and Toby Gerhart ’10 (2009) as Cardinal players named to the Walter Camp All-America first team.

The Walter Camp Football Foundation All-America team is the nation’s oldest All-America team, now in its 124th year.

About Michael Peterson

Michael Peterson is a senior staff writer at The Stanford Daily. He has served as a beat reporter for football, baseball and men’s soccer and also does play-by-play broadcasting of football and baseball for KZSU. Michael is a senior from Rancho Santa Margarita, California majoring in computer science. To contact him, please email him at mrpeters ‘at’ stanford.edu.