Dwight Powell on SportsCenter now as the "other piece" of the Rondo trade: 1 hour ago, Stanford Daily Sport
ICYMI, Dwight Powell was traded from the Celtics to the Mavs as part of the Rajon Rondo deal yesterday.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Murphy awarded Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week

Fifth-year senior outside linebacker Trent Murphy was the recipient of this week’s Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week award, his second of the season.

Against Oregon State on Saturday, Murphy recorded a total of 3.5 tackles for loss, including 2.5 sacks, logged eight tackles, forced two quarterback hurries, and even blocked an extra point on special teams. On the season, Murphy ranks third out of all Football Bowl Subdivision players with 9.5 sacks.

Stanford’s defense held the nation’s leading passer, junior quarterback Sean Mannion, to only 271 yards and a touchdown, as he was manhandled by the Card’s defensive front. Murphy’s efforts led the way on defense as the Cardinal clinched the 20-12 victory over the Beavers with a late goal-line stand.

About Michael Peterson

Michael Peterson is the football editor at The Stanford Daily. He has served as a beat reporter for football, baseball and men’s soccer and also does play-by-play broadcasting of baseball and men’s soccer for KZSU. Michael is a sophomore from Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif. majoring in computer science. To contact him, please email him at mrpeters ‘at’ stanford.edu.