RT @jasoncollins98: I walked around @Stanford this afternoon & went to my freshman dorm. Saw a lesbian couple embracing each other while st…: 4 hours ago, The Stanford Daily
.@Stanford_Daily alumni -- come to the office for a Reunion Homecoming event at 4:30pm today!: 2 days ago, The Stanford Daily

FMOTQ medical transports drop to two

AVI BAGLA/The Stanford Daily

AVI BAGLA/The Stanford Daily

Ralph Castro, director of the Office of Alcohol Policy & Education (OAPE), reported two medical transports related to Full Moon on the Quad (FMOTQ) this year, marking a decline from the four last year and the seven the year prior.

According to Castro, one transport happened at the event itself and involved a freshman. The second transport occurred on the Row and involved an upperclassman.

Castro credits several efforts to the decreasing trend, including re-branding FMOTQ to reduce social anxiety that can lead to more drinking.

“We are trying to change the culture around alcohol,” Castro said.

Castro also spoke of Resident Assistants’ (RAs) work in spreading the word about safe practices for the event.

“I know that this year as an RA there’s been a big push to the kind of messaging around safe drinking versus unsafe drinking,” said Hunter Kodama ’14, an RA at Kappa Sigma. “A dialogue has opened and there’s a lot of efforts promoting being safe on campus.”

About Ileana Najarro

Ileana Najarro is the Managing Editor of News at The Stanford Daily. She previously worked as a News Desk Editor and Staff Writer.
Advertisment ad adsense adlogger