Shaw: No-call on Owusu hit was "questionable": 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
In the span of 25 seconds, Stanford scores 13 points to win the game. Cardinal escape a tough one in the Rose Bowl, 22-13.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
It's Hail Mary time in Pasadena.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Ten seconds left, UCLA needs 25 yards for a field goal attempt.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford leads 16-13, UCLA has 24 seconds to break their eight game losing streak to the Cardinal.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Arcega-Whiteside had no catches before this game. Huge day is an understatement.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
First and goal Stanford with 29 seconds remaining. Let's see which team wants it more.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Another catch for Arcega-Whiteside, who is now Stanford's second leading reciver: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Trenton Irwin has 20 more yards than the rest of Stanford combined.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford gets the stop. Cardinal have 2:05, no timeouts, need a touchdown.: 1 day ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Bokker returns to U.S. national team

Stanford women’s lacrosse head coach Amy Bokker was named to the U.S. National Team as an assistant for the squad’s attempt at the 2017 World Cup in Surrey, England. U.S. Lacrosse announced the move Wednesday.

(stanfordphoto.com)

Head coach Amy Bokker will serve on the U.S. National Lacrosse Team for the second time since 2010. (stanfordphoto.com)

“I’m honored to continue my work with the national team,” Bokker told GoStanford.com. “Our coaching staff had a great amount of camaraderie and energy, and we plan to continue to build on that for the 2017 World Cup in England.”

Bokker is entering her sixth season as Stanford’s head coach. In 2013, the Cardinal recorded its first NCAA tournament win. In Bokker’s first five seasons at the helm, Stanford has won the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation tournament four times.

Bokker previously served on the U.S. staff in 2010 and the Canadian national team’s staff in 2009, when the Canadians won a bronze medal.

Stanford’s season will begin in February, when Bokker’s squad will look to improve on its 14-6 record and second-round loss in the NCAA tournament.

Contact Sam Fisher at safisher ‘at’ stanford.edu

About Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher is the managing editor of sports for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 244. Sam also does play-by-play for KZSU's coverage of Stanford football, Stanford baseball and Stanford women's basketball. In 2013, Sam co-authored "Rags to Roses: The Rise of Stanford Football," with Joseph Beyda and George Chen.