Shaw says front seven making up for lack of size with plenty of speed and quickness. Specific praise for Alfieri and Scarlett.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw: "Everybody in our conference can beat everybody in our conference. It's the Wild West every single week.": 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
On Hogan: "if he gets that ankle healthy, he once again becomes a dual threat in the pocket." Makes the bye week more important.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @dohyoungpark: Shaw: "We need this bye." Doesn't think a bye week will slow down the team's roll.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw individually praised McCaffrey, Sanders, Love and Wright. Clearly very pleased with his backfield.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Shaw on Hogan: "He's playing the best football of his career.": 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Well that's just about it folks. Stanford improves to 4-1, 3-0 in Pac-12. Your final score from Stanford Stadium: Stanford 55 - Arizona 17.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Chryst has Risen. The sophomore QB to Stallworth, the first TD for both of them. Stanford breaks into the 50s, 4:03 to play.: 18 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Bokker returns to U.S. national team

Stanford women’s lacrosse head coach Amy Bokker was named to the U.S. National Team as an assistant for the squad’s attempt at the 2017 World Cup in Surrey, England. U.S. Lacrosse announced the move Wednesday.

Head coach Amy Bokker will serve on the U.S. National Lacrosse Team for the second time since 2010. (

“I’m honored to continue my work with the national team,” Bokker told “Our coaching staff had a great amount of camaraderie and energy, and we plan to continue to build on that for the 2017 World Cup in England.”

Bokker is entering her sixth season as Stanford’s head coach. In 2013, the Cardinal recorded its first NCAA tournament win. In Bokker’s first five seasons at the helm, Stanford has won the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation tournament four times.

Bokker previously served on the U.S. staff in 2010 and the Canadian national team’s staff in 2009, when the Canadians won a bronze medal.

Stanford’s season will begin in February, when Bokker’s squad will look to improve on its 14-6 record and second-round loss in the NCAA tournament.

Contact Sam Fisher at safisher ‘at’

About Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher is the managing editor of sports for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 244. Sam also does play-by-play for KZSU's coverage of Stanford football, Stanford baseball and Stanford women's basketball. In 2013, Sam co-authored "Rags to Roses: The Rise of Stanford Football," with Joseph Beyda and George Chen.