Dwight Powell on SportsCenter now as the "other piece" of the Rondo trade: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
ICYMI, Dwight Powell was traded from the Celtics to the Mavs as part of the Rajon Rondo deal yesterday.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Bokker returns to U.S. national team

Stanford women’s lacrosse head coach Amy Bokker was named to the U.S. National Team as an assistant for the squad’s attempt at the 2017 World Cup in Surrey, England. U.S. Lacrosse announced the move Wednesday.

(stanfordphoto.com)

Head coach Amy Bokker will serve on the U.S. National Lacrosse Team for the second time since 2010. (stanfordphoto.com)

“I’m honored to continue my work with the national team,” Bokker told GoStanford.com. “Our coaching staff had a great amount of camaraderie and energy, and we plan to continue to build on that for the 2017 World Cup in England.”

Bokker is entering her sixth season as Stanford’s head coach. In 2013, the Cardinal recorded its first NCAA tournament win. In Bokker’s first five seasons at the helm, Stanford has won the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation tournament four times.

Bokker previously served on the U.S. staff in 2010 and the Canadian national team’s staff in 2009, when the Canadians won a bronze medal.

Stanford’s season will begin in February, when Bokker’s squad will look to improve on its 14-6 record and second-round loss in the NCAA tournament.

Contact Sam Fisher at safisher ‘at’ stanford.edu

About Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher is the managing editor of sports for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 244. Sam also does play-by-play for KZSU's coverage of Stanford football, Stanford baseball and Stanford women's basketball. In 2013, Sam co-authored "Rags to Roses: The Rise of Stanford Football," with Joseph Beyda and George Chen.