@treeSIDjorge Yet the Cardinal has won the conference five times over that stretch...: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Two-time defending champion Stanford second in Pac-12 preseason media poll ... poll began in 1961, Cardinal not once pick…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @CWCameronWalker: By far the hardest decision of my life, but I will spend the next chapter of my life at Stanford University under Coac…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordRivals: Four-star forward Cameron Walker, the nation's No. 61 player, just tweeted that he has committed to #Stanford. Huge get…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Bokker returns to U.S. national team

Stanford women’s lacrosse head coach Amy Bokker was named to the U.S. National Team as an assistant for the squad’s attempt at the 2017 World Cup in Surrey, England. U.S. Lacrosse announced the move Wednesday.

(stanfordphoto.com)

Head coach Amy Bokker will serve on the U.S. National Lacrosse Team for the second time since 2010. (stanfordphoto.com)

“I’m honored to continue my work with the national team,” Bokker told GoStanford.com. “Our coaching staff had a great amount of camaraderie and energy, and we plan to continue to build on that for the 2017 World Cup in England.”

Bokker is entering her sixth season as Stanford’s head coach. In 2013, the Cardinal recorded its first NCAA tournament win. In Bokker’s first five seasons at the helm, Stanford has won the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation tournament four times.

Bokker previously served on the U.S. staff in 2010 and the Canadian national team’s staff in 2009, when the Canadians won a bronze medal.

Stanford’s season will begin in February, when Bokker’s squad will look to improve on its 14-6 record and second-round loss in the NCAA tournament.

Contact Sam Fisher at safisher ‘at’ stanford.edu

About Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher is the managing editor of sports for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 244. Sam also does play-by-play for KZSU's coverage of Stanford football, Stanford baseball and Stanford women's basketball. In 2013, Sam co-authored "Rags to Roses: The Rise of Stanford Football," with Joseph Beyda and George Chen.