Shaw on the Burns fumbled snap: "It was a poor center-quarterback exchange. It was supposed to be a pass and I saw two guys open.": 5 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We practiced outstanding the last two weeks...It's my job to figure out how to translate that to the game.": 5 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "I don't know if there's a better football player on defense in the country than Solomon Thomas.": 5 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're not playing at the level we need at the quarterback.": 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "Offensively, there's a lot of questions we have to answer as a staff...that's on me.": 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "The defense was outstanding...Coach Lance Anderson did a fantastic job.": 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
This is the first time Stanford failed to score a touchdown since the game-that-must-not-named (i.e. 2015 Northwestern): 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Burns hits Irwin who laterals it to McCaffrey who drops the ball before Love falls on it. Appropriate ending for a mess of a game.: 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford will have four seconds to make some magic happen. Unlikely but, hey, it's college football.: 6 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Inside look at Stanford Track and Field: Day 3

NEW (Page 3)

Hey all,

Tuesday was a relatively quiet day for Stanford Track & Field. Most of our 35 regional competitors and all of the coaching staff, save for Coach Milt, left in the early afternoon. Those still on campus gathered in the mid-afternoon for their workouts.

The distance runners, who comprise a large part of both the men’s and women’s teams, met at 2:30 p.m. on an otherwise empty track (except for those individuals who can’t read the “Track closed from 1:30 to 6 p.m. for practice” sign) to go over workout plans with Coach Milt.

After a 20-minute warm-up run, drills and light strides, we got into the meat of our work for the day. Fifth-year senior Dylan “Jail” Ferris (never call him Dylan), Luke Lefebure and Will Drinkwater had a 10 x 250 meter session with a one-minute rest between repetitions.

Freshmen Garrett Sweatt and Thomas Graham were put through a “Michigan” workout, running one mile on the track, one mile off the track, 1,200 meters on track, one mile off the track, 800 meters on the track, one mile off the track and finally one last 400-meter interval. These two probably got in about 10 to 12 miles total on the day.

Junior Erik Olson, slated to run the 5,000 meters at the regional on Saturday, had a final tune-up workout before he leaves for Austin, Texas, on Thursday. Similarly, Jess Tonn, Emilie Amaro and Aisling Cuffe will all run the 5k this weekend and had their last hard effort on campus yesterday.

Also on the track was the freshmen sprint crew. Jack Shumway could be seen doing some hurdle work, with the rest of the group doing some short repeats.

Post-practice, the training room was busy as usual, with athletes stretching, foam-rolling, getting treatment and hopping in the ice baths. Afterwards, a few of the freshman distance runners ate together at Manzanita dining hall — a departure from the usual Stern dinner.

Coach Milt will be leaving for Austin tomorrow, so we’ll be on our own for the remainder of the week. That should be interesting.

I hope you all have enjoyed the blog posts so far. It’s awesome to be able to share a little bit of what we do on daily basis with the Stanford community. Tomorrow I will preview the regional meet that begins Thursday and touch on our fantastic incoming recruiting class.

About Cameron Miller

Cameron Miller is a sports desk editor for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 246 and is the men's and women's golf writer. He also writes on NCAA-related matters. Cameron is also a Stanford student-athlete, competing on the cross country and track and field teams. He is originally from Bakersfield, California, but spends most of his time away from the Farm on the state's Central Coast. Contact him at cmiller6@stanford.edu.
  • JB

I like this mass communicating.