Week in Photos on the Farm: March 2-8

Contributing photographers: Sam Girvin, Zetong Li, Katie Brigham and Madeline Sides

Inspired? Check out Daily articles from this week relevant to the photos above:

1) Stanford Association for International Development (SAID) hosted its annual conference on Saturday, March 2. This year’s theme was “Gender and International Development: Recentered”

2) Mark Appel and Stanford Baseball swept the Texas Longhorns in a three game series over the weekend Read more

3) Two of Stanford Men’s tennis five doubles pairs including Robert Stineman reach semifinals at Pacific Coast Championships over the weekend. Read more

4) and 5) On Monday, Stanford students demonstrated in White Plaza to encourage university officials to divest from fossil fuels. Monday was National Day of Action for the Fossil Fuel Divestment Movement.

6) Coursera co-founder Andrew Ng spoke on campus as part of the Asia-Pacific Student Entrepreneurship Society’s Stanford Summit 2013 this week.

7) On Tuesday evening, students displayed signs supporting a proposed selective divestment bill brought before the ASSU Undergraduate Senate by Students for Palestinian Equal Rights (SPER). Senators discussed and voted on the bill Tuesday evening and it was not passed. Read more

What did we miss? Email [email protected] to fill us in on upcoming newsworthy events on campus.