RT @LombardiESPN: Big: Stanford WR Ty Montgomery will NOT play vs UCLA: 3 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @agonzalezAP: Stanford coach David Shaw said Ty Montgomery out for UCLA. Said after Cal game it was a right shoulder sprain.: 9 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer offside to end regular time, we're headed to golden goal and extra time: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer earns a corner on the counter: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Another Stanford header off of a corner goes wide: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Edwards for Skundrich: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford really lacking the last ball: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Bret Baumbach wins individual Pac-12 crown

Redshirt junior wrestler Bret Baumbach won the individual Pac-12 title at 165 pounds with a dominating 7-1 decision over No. 1 seed Seth Thomas on Sunday, simultaneously earning a coveted automatic berth in the NCAA Championships.

[Hector Garcia-Molina/StanfordPhoto.com]

Redshirt junior Bret Baumbach (above) is on his way to the NCAA Championships in Des Moines, Iowa. [Hector Garcia-Molina/StanfordPhoto.com]

Just the 15th conference-champion in school history, Baumbach moved to 21-10 on the season with a 4-1 victory over Oregon State’s Holden Packard in the tournament semifinals, held at the Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, Ariz.

That set up a matchup with Thomas in the finals just a few hours later, and Baumbach took full advantage, working Thomas over for the full seven minutes and never truly being threatened.

The win means that Baumbach, a native of Council Bluffs, Iowa, will return to his home state for the NCAA Championships, which will be held in Des Moines, Iowa, March 21-23.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com