Stanford will play No. 1 Wake Forest (16-2-2) at Wake Forest next weekend.: 5 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
That's it folks. Stanford gets the 3-1 win off some beautiful goals from Morris (2) and Baird. On to the quarterfinals.: 5 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
GOAL STANFORD. Corey Baird puts the game out of reach. Stanford up two with just over 2 minutes to play.: 5 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
OSU shot goes wide. Less than 4 to play.: 5 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Andrew Epstein has had to be very active tonight. 6 saves so far, ties his season high from 10/18 vs. SDSU.: 5 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Things getting physical here at Cagan. Less than 10 to play, Buckeyes fighting to equalize things once more.: 5 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
JORDAN. MORRIS. AGAIN. Gorgeous goal to put Stanford back up, 2-1. His 10th of the season, 2nd of the night.: 5 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Sam Werner with a great look that goes just wide. Less than 15 to play in regulation.: 5 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Both teams trading opportunities here at Cagan, though Stanford still has 7-4 shot, 2-0 corner advantage in second half.: 5 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Bret Baumbach wins individual Pac-12 crown

Redshirt junior wrestler Bret Baumbach won the individual Pac-12 title at 165 pounds with a dominating 7-1 decision over No. 1 seed Seth Thomas on Sunday, simultaneously earning a coveted automatic berth in the NCAA Championships.

[Hector Garcia-Molina/]

Redshirt junior Bret Baumbach (above) is on his way to the NCAA Championships in Des Moines, Iowa. [Hector Garcia-Molina/]

Just the 15th conference-champion in school history, Baumbach moved to 21-10 on the season with a 4-1 victory over Oregon State’s Holden Packard in the tournament semifinals, held at the Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, Ariz.

That set up a matchup with Thomas in the finals just a few hours later, and Baumbach took full advantage, working Thomas over for the full seven minutes and never truly being threatened.

The win means that Baumbach, a native of Council Bluffs, Iowa, will return to his home state for the NCAA Championships, which will be held in Des Moines, Iowa, March 21-23.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at