The Card is now the second-highest Pac-12 team in the Coaches Poll -- UCLA slipped to 11 after its close win against Virginia.: 34 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford No. 10 in this week's Coaches Poll.: 35 mins ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @samfisher908: Huge props to @davidcohn4 whose call of the @TyMontgomery2 PR TD won him @NCAAFootball student-radio call of the week htt…: 20 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @DavidMLombardi: Stanford opens as a 4-point favorite over USC: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWSoccer: An incredible firework display after the game tonight. We move to 3-0 on the season. #NerdNation #HomeOpenerThursday h…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWSoccer: Final score: No. 5 @StanfordWSoccer 1, No. 14 Portland 0. Third straight road win over a ranked team!: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal fans have to be pretty happy with Stanford's performance today, even if it was against an FCS opponent.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Ogwumike named to Capital One Academic All-America team

Stanford women’s basketball standout Chiney Ogwumike was one of five players named to the 2012-13 Capital One Academic All-America team on Thursday.

Ogwumike, who is majoring in international relations, has a 3.41 cumulative grade-point average.

The junior forward is also a leading candidate for the national player of the year as the only player in the country to rank in the top six nationally in scoring (22.7 ppg), rebounding (12.3 rpg), field-goal percentage (58.4 percent) and double-doubles (20). In the Pac-12, she holds or shares the lead in all four categories.

Heading into the weekend’s slate of Pac-12 games, Ogwumike has now scored 1,554 career points and 974 rebounds. Once she reaches the 1000-rebound plateau, she will be the sixth player in Stanford women’s basketball history to record more than 1000 points and 1000 rebounds in her career.

Named Pac-12 Player of the Week a record-tying five times, Ogwumike has helped lead Stanford to a 24-2 overall record this season—the No. 4 Cardinal is currently tied for first in the Pac-12.