RT @DavidMLombardi: Also, coach Shaw’s and Ty Montgomery’s comments today had a much more optimistic vibe re: Montgomery’s arm injury than …: 8 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jjarcega_22: Blessed to officially be committed to Stanford University!! #GoCard #NerdGang #Cali 🌲♦️🏈🙏: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWTennis: .@CarolZhao95 is moving on at the @BOTWClassic! With Zhao leading 6-2, 1-0, @wickytennis retires and the match is done…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Upset alert at Bank of the West Classic: rising Stanford sophomore Carol Zhao takes 1st set against world's No. 65 player, Yanina Wickmayer.: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
#FullbackU RT @RWilliams_6: I am very blessed and honored to announce my commitment to STANFORD UNIVERSITY. #GoCardinal 🌲🌲🌲: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @TyGaff: Sincere appreciation to @Panthers nation for the support and love. I couldn't have asked for anything more given my injury. Tha…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Ogwumike named to Capital One Academic All-America team

Stanford women’s basketball standout Chiney Ogwumike was one of five players named to the 2012-13 Capital One Academic All-America team on Thursday.

Ogwumike, who is majoring in international relations, has a 3.41 cumulative grade-point average.

The junior forward is also a leading candidate for the national player of the year as the only player in the country to rank in the top six nationally in scoring (22.7 ppg), rebounding (12.3 rpg), field-goal percentage (58.4 percent) and double-doubles (20). In the Pac-12, she holds or shares the lead in all four categories.

Heading into the weekend’s slate of Pac-12 games, Ogwumike has now scored 1,554 career points and 974 rebounds. Once she reaches the 1000-rebound plateau, she will be the sixth player in Stanford women’s basketball history to record more than 1000 points and 1000 rebounds in her career.

Named Pac-12 Player of the Week a record-tying five times, Ogwumike has helped lead Stanford to a 24-2 overall record this season—the No. 4 Cardinal is currently tied for first in the Pac-12.