RT @AndyLucksBeard: I hear Marcus Mariota is taking golf & yoga this quarter. My senior year was more demanding, and I'm just a beard. #go…: 14 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @agonzalezAP: Tough blow for former Stanford football/baseball star Tyler Gaffney w/ season-ending knee injury (via @SteveReedAP) http:/…: 24 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @wilnerhotline: Stanford WR Ty Montgomery questionable for opener vs UC Davis b/c arm injury. Per HC David Shaw: "It will be close for U…: 4 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@treeSIDjorge Yet the Cardinal has won the conference five times over that stretch...: 5 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @treeSIDjorge: Two-time defending champion Stanford second in Pac-12 preseason media poll ... poll began in 1961, Cardinal not once pick…: 5 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Kurt Svoboda hired as new Media Relations head

Stanford announced the hiring of Kurt Svoboda as the new Senior Assistant Athletics Director of Media Relations & Communications on Tuesday, ending a six-month vacancy at the position that had been filled in the interim by Assistant Athletics Director of Football Administration Mike Eubanks.

Svoboda most recently held a similar position at Harvard, and will be the Department of Athletics’ primary media contact for football.

“[My family and I] deeply believe in the educational aspect of competitive sports and I greatly look forward to being part of this world-class institution and its tradition of excellence,” Svoboda said in a release.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the Football Editor at The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a junior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.