RT @StanfordWLax: 16-11! Stanford wins MPSF title! NCAA bound!: 6 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @nfl: Round 2 - Pick 32 @Patriots select Jordan Richards, Safety, Stanford #NFLDraft: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @STATS_NFL: Andrus Peat is the 5th O-Lineman drafted from @StanfordFball since 2012, most of any college in that span #NFLDraft: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
.@StanfordFball's Andrus Peat drafted 13th overall by the New Orleans Saints in the #NFLDraft. 21st first-round pick in program history.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Kurt Svoboda hired as new Media Relations head

Stanford announced the hiring of Kurt Svoboda as the new Senior Assistant Athletics Director of Media Relations & Communications on Tuesday, ending a six-month vacancy at the position that had been filled in the interim by Assistant Athletics Director of Football Administration Mike Eubanks.

Svoboda most recently held a similar position at Harvard, and will be the Department of Athletics’ primary media contact for football.

“[My family and I] deeply believe in the educational aspect of competitive sports and I greatly look forward to being part of this world-class institution and its tradition of excellence,” Svoboda said in a release.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the editor in chief of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the executive editor, webmaster, football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.