Kelly on Clemson, Stanford losses: "We're two plays away from being undefeated and the number one team in the country.": 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Brian Kelly: "We had a number of opportunities in the red zone. It's never about one series or one play, it's a culmination of the game.": 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"One word: gritty." -Shaw on Shittu, Thomas and Scarlett and the way the DL has played this year: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw on receiving corps: "They've been blocking extremely well, and they know when called upon, they're gonna make plays.": 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Hogan to Shaw after getting the game ball: "Thanks coach. We gotta play USC next week.": 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"Kevin did a great job of keeping his emotions in check and just playing great football. I can't say how proud of him I am." -Shaw: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"You're talking about a walk-on kicker that came in, earned his stripes. He's become one of the best kickers in the nation."Shaw on Ukropina: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"I challenge anybody to find a better two-minute quarterback in the nation than Kevin Hogan." -Shaw: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
"We kept our minds in it. We got up, we didn't change. We got down, we didn't change." -David Shaw: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Kurt Svoboda hired as new Media Relations head

Stanford announced the hiring of Kurt Svoboda as the new Senior Assistant Athletics Director of Media Relations & Communications on Tuesday, ending a six-month vacancy at the position that had been filled in the interim by Assistant Athletics Director of Football Administration Mike Eubanks.

Svoboda most recently held a similar position at Harvard, and will be the Department of Athletics’ primary media contact for football.

“[My family and I] deeply believe in the educational aspect of competitive sports and I greatly look forward to being part of this world-class institution and its tradition of excellence,” Svoboda said in a release.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the editor in chief of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the executive editor, webmaster, football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a senior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at"