RT @StanfordWVB: .@StanfordWVB (18-0) off to its best start to a season since 1994 (20-0), led today by Morgan Boukather's career high 18 k…: 11 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
@andi_mcc @MsIngaSpoke @BlockInTheBack Thanks a lot. Never got sent quotes from last night's presser for some reason.: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford drops to 4-3, the first time the Cardinal have three regular-season losses since 2009.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will fall out of the AP top-25 poll for the first time in 73 weeks.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Arizona State 26, Stanford 10, final.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan's 4th and 10 jump ball to Montgomery falls short, and that's going to do it.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3rd and 10 with the game on the line... and why is Montgomery not out there?: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
This drive again a reminder that Stanford is not a team that plays from behind. This two-minute drill is kind of atrocious.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Gonzalez knocks it in from 31. ASU takes a 26-10 lead.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Kurt Svoboda hired as new Media Relations head

Stanford announced the hiring of Kurt Svoboda as the new Senior Assistant Athletics Director of Media Relations & Communications on Tuesday, ending a six-month vacancy at the position that had been filled in the interim by Assistant Athletics Director of Football Administration Mike Eubanks.

Svoboda most recently held a similar position at Harvard, and will be the Department of Athletics’ primary media contact for football.

“[My family and I] deeply believe in the educational aspect of competitive sports and I greatly look forward to being part of this world-class institution and its tradition of excellence,” Svoboda said in a release.

About Joseph Beyda

Joseph Beyda is the executive editor of The Stanford Daily. Previously he has worked as the football editor, a sports desk editor, the paper's summer managing editor and a beat reporter for football, baseball and women's soccer. He co-authored The Daily's recent football book, "Rags to Roses," and covered the soccer team's national title run for the New York Times. Joseph is a junior from Cupertino, Calif. majoring in Electrical Engineering. To contact him, please email jbeyda "at" stanford.edu.