RT @DavidMLombardi: Also, coach Shaw’s and Ty Montgomery’s comments today had a much more optimistic vibe re: Montgomery’s arm injury than …: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jjarcega_22: Blessed to officially be committed to Stanford University!! #GoCard #NerdGang #Cali 🌲♦️🏈🙏: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWTennis: .@CarolZhao95 is moving on at the @BOTWClassic! With Zhao leading 6-2, 1-0, @wickytennis retires and the match is done…: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Upset alert at Bank of the West Classic: rising Stanford sophomore Carol Zhao takes 1st set against world's No. 65 player, Yanina Wickmayer.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
#FullbackU RT @RWilliams_6: I am very blessed and honored to announce my commitment to STANFORD UNIVERSITY. #GoCardinal 🌲🌲🌲: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @TyGaff: Sincere appreciation to @Panthers nation for the support and love. I couldn't have asked for anything more given my injury. Tha…: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Softball’s Kelsey Stevens named Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week

Freshman Kelsey Stevens was nearly perfect in the circle this weekend at the Stanford Nike Invitational, giving up just four hits (all singles) en route to posting three shutouts as the No. 20 Cardinal swept all six games to win the title.

Stevens was rewarded Tuesday with the Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week award, the first career award for the Albuquerque, N.M. native.

Freshman pitcher Kelsey Stevens (above)

Freshman pitcher Kelsey Stevens (above) was named Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week on Tuesday (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily).

Now 5-1 on the season, Stevens leads the team with a 1.50 ERA and 49 strikeouts on the season, and in Stanford’s 12-0 win over CSU Bakersfield and 8-0 win over UC-Davis, she tossed consecutive one-hitters. Batters hit just .075 against her on the weekend and she allowed just three walks.

Stanford and Stevens will head to the Cathedral City Classic in Palm Springs, Calif. this weekend.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com