Shaw on how he expects the team to respond: "I've got a locker room full of Stanford guys. They're leaders...I expect them to bounce back.": 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "We're going to attack like we're 0-12...but not overreact.": 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Shaw: "They played extremely well...We got ourselves behind the eight ball." Identified third down and noise as big problems: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Total domination from the Huskies tonight. Chris Petersen and his staff deserve a lot of credit for coming out firing and never letting up: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Isaiah Brandt-Sims records his first career catch in his home state: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford came into this game having allowed 3 total TDs. Cardinal have given up 6 tonight: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Huskies add another touchdown. First time Stanford has surrendered over 40 points since 2014 at Oregon. UW leads 44-6.: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
KJ Carta-Samuels in at QB. Inherits a very different situation compares to last year: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports
Stanford rolling in second unit on the defensive line here: 4 hours ago, StanfordDaily Sports

Softball’s Kelsey Stevens named Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week

Freshman Kelsey Stevens was nearly perfect in the circle this weekend at the Stanford Nike Invitational, giving up just four hits (all singles) en route to posting three shutouts as the No. 20 Cardinal swept all six games to win the title.

Stevens was rewarded Tuesday with the Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week award, the first career award for the Albuquerque, N.M. native.

Freshman pitcher Kelsey Stevens (above)

Freshman pitcher Kelsey Stevens (above) was named Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week on Tuesday (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily).

Now 5-1 on the season, Stevens leads the team with a 1.50 ERA and 49 strikeouts on the season, and in Stanford’s 12-0 win over CSU Bakersfield and 8-0 win over UC-Davis, she tossed consecutive one-hitters. Batters hit just .075 against her on the weekend and she allowed just three walks.

Stanford and Stevens will head to the Cathedral City Classic in Palm Springs, Calif. this weekend.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com