RT @LombardiESPN: Big: Stanford WR Ty Montgomery will NOT play vs UCLA: 13 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @agonzalezAP: Stanford coach David Shaw said Ty Montgomery out for UCLA. Said after Cal game it was a right shoulder sprain.: 19 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford falls to UC Irvine 1-0 in extra time: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer offside to end regular time, we're headed to golden goal and extra time: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Batteer earns a corner on the counter: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Another Stanford header off of a corner goes wide: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Edwards for Skundrich: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford really lacking the last ball: 2 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Softball’s Kelsey Stevens named Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week

Freshman Kelsey Stevens was nearly perfect in the circle this weekend at the Stanford Nike Invitational, giving up just four hits (all singles) en route to posting three shutouts as the No. 20 Cardinal swept all six games to win the title.

Stevens was rewarded Tuesday with the Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week award, the first career award for the Albuquerque, N.M. native.

Freshman pitcher Kelsey Stevens (above)

Freshman pitcher Kelsey Stevens (above) was named Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week on Tuesday (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily).

Now 5-1 on the season, Stevens leads the team with a 1.50 ERA and 49 strikeouts on the season, and in Stanford’s 12-0 win over CSU Bakersfield and 8-0 win over UC-Davis, she tossed consecutive one-hitters. Batters hit just .075 against her on the weekend and she allowed just three walks.

Stanford and Stevens will head to the Cathedral City Classic in Palm Springs, Calif. this weekend.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com