RT @StanfordFball: Stanford ranks No. 1 in the nation in scoring defense (4.3 ppg), total defense (204.3 ypg) and passing defense (66.0 ypg…: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford 35, Army 0. Final.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Looks like Stanford will preserve the shutout.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Hogan connects with Montgomery for a 32-yard TD pass with 6:09 left: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Montgomery was down on the ground for a bit longer than normal. Looks like he's okay though.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Tarpley doing what he's best at: pass coverage: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Great block by Johnny Caspers on the TD run.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Montgomery gets into the end zone out of the Wildcat. Stanford up 28-0 with 11:35 left in the game.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford will take over at the Army 35.: 3 days ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Softball’s Kelsey Stevens named Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week

Freshman Kelsey Stevens was nearly perfect in the circle this weekend at the Stanford Nike Invitational, giving up just four hits (all singles) en route to posting three shutouts as the No. 20 Cardinal swept all six games to win the title.

Stevens was rewarded Tuesday with the Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week award, the first career award for the Albuquerque, N.M. native.

Freshman pitcher Kelsey Stevens (above)

Freshman pitcher Kelsey Stevens (above) was named Pac-12 Pitcher of the Week on Tuesday (SIMON WARBY/The Stanford Daily).

Now 5-1 on the season, Stevens leads the team with a 1.50 ERA and 49 strikeouts on the season, and in Stanford’s 12-0 win over CSU Bakersfield and 8-0 win over UC-Davis, she tossed consecutive one-hitters. Batters hit just .075 against her on the weekend and she allowed just three walks.

Stanford and Stevens will head to the Cathedral City Classic in Palm Springs, Calif. this weekend.

About Miles Bennett-Smith

Miles Bennett-Smith is Chief Operating Officer at The Daily. An avid sports fan from Penryn, Calif., Miles graduated in 2013 with a Bachelor's degree in American Studies. He has previously served as the Editor in Chief and President at The Daily. He has also worked as a reporter for The Sacramento Bee. Email him at eic@stanforddaily.com