Cardinal fans have to be pretty happy with Stanford's performance today, even if it was against an FCS opponent.: 1 hour ago, Stanford Daily Sport
And that's the ballgame. Stanford routs UC-Davis 45-0.: 1 hour ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Crower redeems himself by throwing a strike to Hooper for a 14-yard touchdown. Stanford 45, UC-Davis 0 with 8:22 left in the game: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
McCaffrey. Wow.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Both Hooper and Cotton have made nice catches in the middle of the field today. Could be a huge help to Hogan as season progresses.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
That's the end of the third quarter. Stanford 38, UC-Davis 0. The Cardinal playing its third-stringers.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Noor Davis makes an acrobatic pick. Last three interceptions for Stanford have been made by linebackers.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford experimenting with creative ways to get the ball to McCaffrey. Halfback pass earlier, now an end-around.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RB Ricky Seale and WR Jordan Pratt seeing some action now: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Surprising miss by Williamson. He's usually money from less than 40.: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Stanford women’s basketball starts SoCal trip in style

On Friday night the Stanford women’s basketball team defeated USC 79-55 to ensure it kept joint share of top spot in the Pac-12 Conference with California, which earlier beat UCLA 79-51 across the other side of Los Angeles.

The No. 4/5 Cardinal (23-2, 12-1 Pac-12) broke away from the Trojans (8-16, 5-8 Pac-12) just before half time with a 12-2 run and extended the lead after the break. The victory takes its winning streak against USC to 12 games. Meanwhile, the No. 6/6 Golden Bears (22-2, 12-1 Pac-12) kept things tight at the top of the Pac-12 with an almost identical scoreline against the No. 15/16 Bruins (19-5, 10-3 Pac-12).

Stanford junior forward Chiney Ogwumike is now just one double-double away from the all-time record. (http://stanfordphoto.com)

Standing out for the Card, junior forward Chiney Ogwumike grabbed her record setting 20th double-double of the season, 26 points and 15 rebounds, and now is just one shy of her sister Nnemkadi Ogwumike’12, who made a career total of 51 double-doubles in her time on the Farm. Joining Chiney Ogwumike in double figures, senior forward Joslyn Tinkle got her second double-double of the season, 17 points and 11 rebounds, senior forward Mikaela Ruef scored 12 points and sophomore guard Amber Orrange hit 10 points. Ruef also set a new career points record, beating the 11 she made against Arizona a week before.

For USC, sophomore forward Alexyz Vaioletma and junior forward Cassie Harberts made double-figure points, with 13 and 14, respectively. However, sophomore guard Ariya Crook, who, alongside Harberts, is the only other USC player with a double-figure season scoring average, hit just six points.

The visiting team was simply more accurate from the start, ending the game with 43.5% shooting in comparison to the home team’s 33.3%. The Trojans did actually shoot more accurately than the Card in the second half, but never recovered from hitting just 24.1% in the first period.

Stanford now faces UCLA at 12:30pm on Sunday, needing a victory to ensure California cannot break free in the Pac-12 standings. The contest will be broadcast live on Pac-12 Networks and KZSU.