Dwight Powell on SportsCenter now as the "other piece" of the Rondo trade: 2 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
ICYMI, Dwight Powell was traded from the Celtics to the Mavs as part of the Rajon Rondo deal yesterday.: 10 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @StanfordWVB: Final: @PennStateVBALL 3, @StanfordWVB 1 Cardinal ends the season 33-2, tying for the most wins in program history. #gosta: 21 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal within one after block from Bugg and Ajanaku. A hush over the crowd in OKC as it's 20-19 PSU in the fourth, up two sets to one.: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
It's getting late quickly for the Card. PSU up 18-15 in the fourth set. Another Dunning timeout, this one the most important of the year.: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
PSU with three straight points to even the fourth set at 13. Timeout Stanford.: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Cardinal up 10-7 in the fourth set. Down two sets to one.: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Stanford has been down 2-1 three times this season, and it has a 2-1 record in those matches. (W @ Illinois, W @ Colorado, L @ Washington): 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card closed to within one point on three occasions towards the end of the 3rd, but couldn't pull it out. PSU wins it 25-22, takes 2-1 lead.: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @jwallach12: Neither team has been able to get in a rhythm since the beginning of the first set. It's a dogfight out there. Exactly what…: 22 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Penev named MPSF Gymnast of the Week

Stanford senior Eddie Penev earned MPSF Gymnast of the Week honors for the third time this season after finishing fourth at the Winter Cup Challenge in Las Vegas.

Senior Eddie Penev won his third MPSF Gymnast of the Week award this season on Tuesday.

Penev’s performance in Las Vegas earned him a spot on the U.S. Gymnastics Senior National Team. Penev won the vault title with a score of 30.300 en route to an all-around score of 169.150.

He has trained with the Bulgarian National Gymnastics Team in the past but switched to the United States side leading up to the 2012 London Olympics. His best finish in international competition — a tie for sixth-place in the floor exercise — came at the 2010 World Championship in Rotterdam, Netherlands.

Penev’s appointment to the U.S. Senior National Team runs through August’s U.S. Gymnastics Championships in Hartford, Conn., though he will still compete for Stanford this season. The Cardinal hosts Berkeley on Sunday at 6 p.m. at Maples Pavilion.

— Sam Fisher

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to awesthem 'at' stanford.edu to reach Ashley Westhem, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.