.@StanfordWSoccer will take on another Sunshine State squad when they face FSU in the semifinals next Friday in Boca Raton: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
RT @samfisher908: What a day for @GoStanford! @StanfordWVB wins the @pac12 at Cal, @StanfordFball wins at UCLA and @StanfordWSoccer to the …: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
shades of Drew Hutchins last year as Campbell made two saves in the shootout and then put away the final shot to win: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Jane Campbell scores the deciding PK! The Card advances to the College Cup!: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Florida puts it away, 3-3 with one shot remaining in the shootout. Campbell to take the fifth shot for the Card.: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Haley Rosen scores and now Florida must score to stay alive.: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport
2-2 now. First time Campbell guessed wrong.: 4 hours ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Penev named MPSF Gymnast of the Week

Stanford senior Eddie Penev earned MPSF Gymnast of the Week honors for the third time this season after finishing fourth at the Winter Cup Challenge in Las Vegas.

Senior Eddie Penev won his third MPSF Gymnast of the Week award this season on Tuesday.

Penev’s performance in Las Vegas earned him a spot on the U.S. Gymnastics Senior National Team. Penev won the vault title with a score of 30.300 en route to an all-around score of 169.150.

He has trained with the Bulgarian National Gymnastics Team in the past but switched to the United States side leading up to the 2012 London Olympics. His best finish in international competition — a tie for sixth-place in the floor exercise — came at the 2010 World Championship in Rotterdam, Netherlands.

Penev’s appointment to the U.S. Senior National Team runs through August’s U.S. Gymnastics Championships in Hartford, Conn., though he will still compete for Stanford this season. The Cardinal hosts Berkeley on Sunday at 6 p.m. at Maples Pavilion.

— Sam Fisher

About The Daily Sports Staff

The Daily Sports Staff is the collective moniker of an overworked, beleaguered, underpaid collection of sportswriters that feel comfortable enough with their own self-identities to give up any sense of individualism for the good of the sports section. To contact The Daily Sports Staff, send an email to dpark027 'at' stanford.edu to reach Do-Hyoung Park, keeper of the souls of those sportswriters.