Langsdorf's header is saved and that'll do it. Santa Barbara defeats @StanfordMSoccer 1-0.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Bashti has a header go just wide. Only a minute left.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
3 minutes to go. All out attack on from Stanford.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
A series of UCSB injuries has slowed the second half. 12 minutes remaining with Stanford still trailing 1-0.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Second corner for the Card in as many minutes here late in the second half.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Now 18 minutes on the clock. A little more urgency coming from Stanford.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Card certainly on the attack. Still 25 minutes to go.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport
Morris finds Bashti in the middle on a counter attack, but his shot is saved. 29 minutes left, still 1-0 UCSB.: 1 day ago, Stanford Daily Sport

Huestis, Ogwumike earn Pac-12 Player of the Week honors

Junior forwards Josh Huestis and Chiney Ogwumike earned Pac-12 Player of the Week honors for men’s and women’s basketball, respectively, after combining for a 4-0 record in the past week.

The honor is a Pac-12 record fifth of the season for Chiney Ogwumike, who now is just one shy of tying the career record of nine, set by Candice Wiggins ’08 and Jayne Appel ’10.

Ogwumike shot 56.8 percent over the weekend, averaging 27.5 points and 15.5 rebounds per game including a career-high 32-point effort on Sunday at Oregon State. With Ogwumike’s help, No. 4 Stanford (20-2, 9-1 Pac-12) swept through the Oregon road trip, beating Oregon by 24 on Friday and Oregon State by 20 on Sunday.

Chiney Ogwumike is having a spectacular season in her first year without big sister Nneka Ogwumike ’12, who was the No. 1 pick in the 2012 WNBA Draft by the Los Angeles Sparks. Ogwumike leads the Pac-12 in points per game (22.4) and field goal percentage (58.4) and is second to only Oregon’s Jillian Alleyne in rebounds per game by a margin of 0.2 rebounds per contest.

Josh Huestis becomes the first Stanford men’s basketball player to earn conference Player of the Week honors since Landry Fields ’10 won in February 2010. The junior averaged 15 points and 13 rebounds in Stanford’s home sweep of the Oregon schools last week.

In last Wednesday’s win over No. 10 Oregon, Huestis shot 6-9 from the field for 14 points and 13 rebounds while adding three blocks on the defensive end. The win represented the Cardinal’s first over a top-10 team in almost five years.

Men’s basketball travels to Tucson, Ariz., Wednesday to take on another top-10 conference foe, No. 7 Arizona. Chiney Ogwumike and the women’s basketball team will host Arizona on Friday night at 7 p.m. at Maples Pavilion.

About Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher is the managing editor of sports for The Stanford Daily's Vol. 244. Sam also does play-by-play for KZSU's coverage of Stanford football, Stanford baseball and Stanford women's basketball. In 2013, Sam co-authored "Rags to Roses: The Rise of Stanford Football," with Joseph Beyda and George Chen.